Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 PM

19 posts, read 43,152 times

Advertisements

I'm referring to the large silver table at the foot of the bed. Not even sure how to search for it on furniture sites.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 04:41 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,931,658 times
I think it's custom made. It's a bit too wide to be an extra long console table. Too narrow to be a dining table or writing desk.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,135,794 times
IKEA sold a table like that. I am positive that is where its from. You pick out the top and then the legs. Those legs are no longer sold by them. IKEA stopped selling the legs and people went nuts trying to find them on craigslist. The legs were about 10 bucks each and people were selling them for 50 dollars or more. lol. I like the table.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,042,913 times
I'd think twice about having a table that fits the width of your entire bed - not sure if this is what you want it for or not....but I'd be afraid that I would be tripping on it or bumping into it....I would want the table to not extend to the very ends of the bed....just seems awkward to me.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
IKEA sold a table like that. I am positive that is where its from. You pick out the top and then the legs. Those legs are no longer sold by them. IKEA stopped selling the legs and people went nuts trying to find them on craigslist. The legs were about 10 bucks each and people were selling them for 50 dollars or more. lol. I like the table.
Figures... Thanks for the help.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 AM

17,472 posts, read 65,994,520 times
That is indeed a discontinued table top and legs from Ikea.

The legs were called:
Vika Fintorp Table Legs

Some people sell them on the Ikea hackers website and Ebay.

And yes, they were originally $10ea.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
That is indeed a discontinued table top and legs from Ikea.

The legs were called:
Vika Fintorp Table Legs

Some people sell them on the Ikea hackers website and Ebay.

And yes, they were originally $10ea.
Thanks K'ledgeBldr. So glad I signed up for this great forum Everyone has been so helpful.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,350,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I'd think twice about having a table that fits the width of your entire bed - not sure if this is what you want it for or not....but I'd be afraid that I would be tripping on it or bumping into it....I would want the table to not extend to the very ends of the bed....just seems awkward to me.
It looks like a table that is meant for people who may need/want to do work in bed. If you just slide it up, you put the laptop on there, there you go. Not bad, especially if you're on bed rest or something.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 PM

Hmm...I found a set of the legs for sale but I can't find the tabletop. I'm presuming the actual tabletop was discontinued as well?

IKEA STEEL VIKA FINTORP TABLE LEGS - Gatineau Furniture For Sale - Kijiji Gatineau Canada.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:58 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,135,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToDie4InteriorDesign View Post
Figures... Thanks for the help.
I know... its a bummer. I actually went to IKEA to buy this same table and legs last year when I was setting up my office. That is when I found out they were discontinued. The IKEA in the UK sells the legs still, or they did last year but I couldnt order. I asked the sales person in the Chicago store what happened and she said they didnt sell well and after they took down the display, they have had a ton of inquiries since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating