Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 02:06 PM

679 posts, read 809,988 times

Advertisements

I like the color of the paint in these two pictures (see attached). Does anyone know a brand/color that would be close to this?
Attached Thumbnails
Green paint color-1922991_08.jpg   Green paint color-green-paint-example.jpg  
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 02:09 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
It is probably something called Sage
and almost every shop that has paint has something similiar
The best thing to do is go to the paint shop and look for yourself.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Default another example

Here is another similar color that I like.

I've tried to find a similar color in the paint store, but the paint samples look so different to me in the store than they do on the walls of a house.
Attached Thumbnails
Green paint color-1918284_08.jpg  

Old 12-12-2013, 02:16 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
Here is another similar color that I like.

I've tried to find a similar color in the paint store, but the paint samples look so different to me in the store than they do on the walls of a house.

You are never going to find a paint color on a card that is the exact same color as what is on the wall of a home.
The lighting is different, the wall texture is different, there are shadows in a home, etc.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You are never going to find a paint color on a card that is the exact same color as what is on the wall of a home.
The lighting is different, the wall texture is different, there are shadows in a home, etc.
Yes, I know. I am just looking for suggestions of a color that is similar to the ones shown in the pictures. At least that will give me an idea of what color to be looking for in the paint store.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:18 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,473,675 times
Try going to a site called...That Garden Web and click on the forums for the home site. They have a Paint forum where people post pictures of paint by color along the the paint names and brand. There is a lot of good information on that site! Good luck!

Old 12-12-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
Try going to a site called...That Garden Web and click on the forums for the home site. They have a Paint forum where people post pictures of paint by color along the the paint names and brand. There is a lot of good information on that site! Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try out that forum.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:27 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,572,540 times
The first pic of the bathroom looks kind of like my master bath/bedroom which is Valspar Rosemary Sprig. You know though, so many of them look so much alike - it's impossible to tell. I finally picked out about 6 swatch cards and took them home to show the hubs. By process of elimination - when we got down to one we finally agreed on out of that six and no others - that was it - over, done, finito, S*F*!!!

Old 12-12-2013, 03:36 PM

4,227 posts, read 6,905,580 times
We keep a few Benjamin Moore color fan-wheels around the house (3 to be exact). They are extremely useful as you don't have to drive to the paint store every time you want to try a new color out and see it in your home before even committing to a sample.

If this isn't an option, go to a paint store or a home improvement store and simply grab a sample card of every color that remotely looks close in the store. Take them all home and then compare them in your home at different times of day and in light/shadow etc.

The other thing to keep in mind when looking at photographs is that a lot of times the paint in real estate or interior design photographs appears lighter in the picture than it would in real life in your house due to the shot's exposure. This is especially true when going for a brightly lit, airy, and cheery shot that is so common in interior design or real estate shoots. Thus, even if someone told you an exact paint color that was used in a picture, it may appear darker in your house than what you saw in the picture.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:10 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
The lighting, flooring and furnishings in the room you're painting can totally change the color.

Take a look at Behr:

Botanical Green

Happy Camper

Green Energy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating