Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 03:16 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times

Advertisements

I had started a thread about the little things that you bought that you really liked, made you happy, etc. (This one here: //www.city-data.com/forum/home-...-things-7.html)

Now I'm thinking---what things did you buy that you ended up hating or being disappointed with?

-Rug for the LR that I had spent so many cringe worthy hours researching and agonizing over because I couldn't decide which rug I wanted. We bought the rug and I thought, "Looks nice. But I don't love it as much as I thought." The thing never stopped shedding and I hated it. It's gone now---didn't even make it a year. What I learned? Buy what feels right---if you have to research tirelessly for something you want, you're probably going to be disappointed in the end.

-Not as annoying because I only spent .99 but I bought a Renuzit Simply Vanilla air freshener thing and I cannot smell annoying at all. Nothing. It's useless.

Add yours. Maybe they will keep others from making the same mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 09:09 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Flexable Hose

Flexable Hose – The Incredible Expanding Green Hose – As Seen on TV

We buy at Home Depot and keep the receipt.
Every 3-4 weeks we return the leaking one and get a new one.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:53 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,884,529 times
Last summer I got the neat-looking citronella candles for when I entertain outdoors. They basically look like giant taper candles (1.5 inches in diameter and maybe 3 feet high) on a piece of bamboo you stick into the ground. Well, they seemed like a much better idea than they actually turned out to be. The wax dripped everywhere and killed the grass in a 3-inch circle around each candle. Plus it turned out that the bamboo stick went halfway up the candle, so only half the candle was usable before the stick lit on fire. It was such a mess! Good thing I spent less than $20 bucks all told.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Flexable Hose – The Incredible Expanding Green Hose – As Seen on TV

We buy at Home Depot and keep the receipt.
Every 3-4 weeks we return the leaking one and get a new one.
We do the same thing, except it's at Lowes and it's solar lights for the flower beds! I think we eventually ended up with ten that actually work, but it was a lot of work getting them.

Our green expandable hose crapped out on us after a few weeks too, by the way, but I couldn't even remember where we bought it. Should have kept that receipt too. We loved it though, while it was working.

Oh, back to those solar lights - yes, they're solar but they also require batteries. And the batteries are EXPENSIVE. So...kinda like a cheap printer that uses tons of expensive ink. Eventually you tire of the high maintenance.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:17 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,784 times
Those hanging upside down tomato growing bags. I didn't buy them, my mom did, but what a ridiculous item! What tomatoes did grow we're quickly eaten by birds, and there was a mold/mildew problem.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
That Juice Ninja thingie - I bought one, used it one time, and took it straight back to Bed Bath and Beyond.

It's nothing but a blender - except smaller, and at double the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating