Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 04:24 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times

Advertisements

Is it a tool used to remove bulbs in recessed cans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 04:45 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Close. It removes the threaded ring that holds the glass cover over lights. If you ever have need of one Home Depot carries them. You have to order it. When you look at the "working" end you will see small vee shaped cuts around the inside edge. For the ring to fit correctly in the tool you have to make the vees larger so the matching stubs on the ring fit all the way in. Doing so makes the ring sit level in the tool instead of at an angle. Much, much easier to screw the ring on when it fits correctly in the tool.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:08 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
I was away for awhile so nothing has been done. Then I was sick. Then I came back and picked up two extra shifts of work so nothing is really getting done. I'm trying to pick up a few extra hours on the weekend as well b/c I've had a lot of bills between this, my car (needed a new transmission!) and our vacation.

Today we were trying to get someone to come and install the DW. I have no idea if this guy is coming or not. Tomorrow they are coming back to supposedly finish the cabinets, which means I will have to take a lot of stuff out again. Boo.

I told my husband I think I'll only buy turnkey in the future if I ever get out of this damn apartment.

I want to buy a new rug because the one under our DR table is basically a cat hair magnet and you have to scrape it all off---it will not vacuum up. It's the only one of our three rugs that does this so NATURALLY this is the rug the cats sit on the most.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:57 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
Eek, city, I wish you had let me know about the transmission, I could have hooked you up. I hope you are feeling better.

A pet brusk picks up hair like magic. The ones with the fine needle bristles that will prick your finger like when they take blood. I use it to brush off the cat beds and upholstered chairs. Vacuums are useless.

6 cats BTW. In our heyday 22.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:48 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
Finally ..taking old carpets from previous owners out of the living and dining rooms, common area, landing and stairs.
Praise Gawd@!!@ not completed yet day 2 of 5 days. But it feels and looks so much damn better!!
Why do people carpet stairs???
Unless you have a cleaning crew who comes in every week to sweep/vacuum stairs...it's a pia!!

Old 10-07-2015, 05:02 PM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Finally ..taking old carpets from previous owners out of the living and dining rooms, common area, landing and stairs.
Praise Gawd@!!@ not completed yet day 2 of 5 days. But it feels and looks so much damn better!!
Unless you have a cleaning crew who comes in every week to sweep/vacuum stairs...it's a pia!!
Amen, sister.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:53 PM

Or me. Vacuuming was my job. A central vac makes it pretty easy.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:40 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Eek, city, I wish you had let me know about the transmission, I could have hooked you up. I hope you are feeling better.

A pet brusk picks up hair like magic. The ones with the fine needle bristles that will prick your finger like when they take blood. I use it to brush off the cat beds and upholstered chairs. Vacuums are useless.

6 cats BTW. In our heyday 22.
I am beyond lucky that I have my own personal mechanic. (My dad. ) That's what he does for a living so everything for me is free labor! (Except the transmission---I had to go to a different place and got a good price anyway since everyone knows each other.) Everyone thinks that mechanics are out to get them but I swear EVERY TIME I give my dad my car he finds a problem! (He told me now I need to get a new sway bar---I'll tell you I'm never buying a Chevy Impala again that's for sure! The last year it has been a money pit.)

Will try using a pet brush! Husband was able to use a moist paper towel to get a lot of it off but I don't know I feel like this carpet is feeling a little ratty. Boo. Six cats---I could never! Two drive me nuts already!

As of right now, the cabinets are SUPPOSEDLY being finished today. And if the guy doesn't show on Saturday for the DW/possible plumbing, I might explode.

I totally asked for this for my birthday: West Bend® 4-Slice Egg and Muffin Toaster - BedBathandBeyond.com

Hopefully the egg prices will start going down a bit...

Old 10-08-2015, 11:01 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I like carpeted stairs. Less likely to slip/fall, quieter, warmer. I don't wear shoes in the house so most dirt comes from my dog. Yes, I HATE vacuuming stairs, but I like the comfort, safety & sound control carpet provides. I don't like carpet in a dining room though.

My new carpet is being installed Monday.

Right now, my house looks like a squatter lives there. Most of my belongings have been moved to the garage.

Time to get some wall cleaning & painting done with empty rooms & upcoming carpet replacement.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Today was the day.

One worker came first thing in the morning and replaced the escutcheon on the master shower head with a slightly larger one. Another came at 4:00 and replaced all the cabinet hinges with self-closing hinges.

We are officially done. Now we hope for not needing any warranty work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating