Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

Looking at vanities for the master bathroom. Planning a cosmetic remodel in the near future, which will entail removing a built in vanity and a soffit, scraping the ceiling, continuing the floor tile underneath, ceiling repair, new lighting and mirrors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 06:05 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
It appears to function, so I wouldn't call it an epic fail. The door does look better without it, but sometimes you have to give up looks for function. If you do replace it, I bet you could come up with something very creative to do with it.

I'm trying to beat the heat here, so I had a ceiling fan installed on my back patio.
I bet the fan makes a difference. We love the one on our patio.

The screen door is still up. we're enjoying the morning breezes too much to take it down. I imagine the neighbors are whispering about me ..."psst, did you see that awful screen door?"

Old 07-11-2016, 09:03 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
I was hoping to prime a wall today since it's my night off but work was too ridiculous this weekend and coupled with my lack of sleep and whatever else I don't feel like doing ANYTHING.

I did put a new cat mat in front of the litter box in the "cat closet" and I guess that's something.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:24 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
I am about to redo part of my galley kitchen, keeping the cabinets (I'd rather not, but I'd rather keep to a smaller budget more than I'd like to have new cabinets), replacing the counter top and the stove and putting in an undermount stainless sink. The current smooth top electric range had a small crack/scratch when we moved in 3 years ago that has just continued to get larger, plus the oven is TERRIBLE at keeping a temp, so I will probably replace with a dual fuel gas top slide-in range. Fortunately I had them stub off the gas line at the right place on the house exterior when I had a new line run for the gas insert that went into the fireplace, so it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem changing the electric out for gas.

The cabinets are cherry in a semi-Shaker style, so I will probably go with an off-white, cream-ish quartz with relatively little movement in the pattern.

I'm still contemplating what to do with a backsplash. I saw some 2" square copper-metallic-color tiles I'd like to use, but I think they were $50 a 1' square sheet, so perhaps not.

Last edited by PNW-type-gal; 07-11-2016 at 12:33 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 08:19 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,116,625 times
Full basement remodel starts tomorrow, tearing out all of the flooring, hoping to open up a couple walls (not sure what we will find behind the walls), new drywall (ugly paneling 1/2 way up, easier to rip everything out and go with full sheets of drywall), taking out the cabinets in the laundry room and opening up that room some, new vanity, flooring and paint in the bathroom. We are going with luxury "waterproof" wood-look planks for most of the basement, still haven't decided if we want to go with epoxy paint on the floor in the laundry room or go with a luxury vinyl tile. Going from 70's walnut trim (ugly) to crisp white trim, new doors in white too. We have one large room that we are going to divide into 2 (15x40) and make a bedroom and walk-in closet on one side and set up the other side for a game room.

Fortunately, my work is writing checks to the guy doing the work . We will probably do some of the painting and lighter work to help save costs.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:15 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ok, I just got done painting the dining room accent wall:

Before and after:
This looks great, such an improvement! Love the fabric on the chairs and the accent color.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:00 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,503 times
Just finished the gym
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-win_20160717_11_19_53_pro.jpg   What are you working on now?-win_20160717_11_29_42_pro.jpg  

Old 07-20-2016, 11:41 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
Just finished the gym
Sweet where you find these mirrors? I'd love em for my workout room.. Thanks...

Old 07-21-2016, 10:41 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,503 times
Wild Card - I had them made at a local picture framing shop. My contractor and I worked out what the measurements should be and I went an picked out the frame. It took them about a week to get them made up. They were about $175 each. The trick is hanging them they are pretty heavy.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:04 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
Wild Card - I had them made at a local picture framing shop. My contractor and I worked out what the measurements should be and I went an picked out the frame. It took them about a week to get them made up. They were about $175 each. The trick is hanging them they are pretty heavy.
Sweet.Thank you, I'll look into this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating