Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2017, 02:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I had to look these plants up because I had never heard of them before! Not sure that skimmias are suited for long Texas summers, even in the shade, but I think the astilbes would do fine. I'm looking for something that flowers for a shaded area.

You should post pictures when you're done with your planting!
I've had to learn new plants for the PNW! I doubt the skimmia would do well in St. Louis, either.

In terms of plant care I've had to learn a whole bunch of new stuff since we moved here. Wouldn't move away for anything though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 03:05 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
So, the faucet that I have chosen (that I posted the link in my previous post) for some strange reason cannot be shipped to my state. Why? I haven't the foggiest. I asked but so far no answer. Could have something to do with sales tax-that is the only thing I can think of. But, if they won't ship it to me, I can have it shipped to my cleaning lady's house. Yeah, she does live up the road from me but up the road just happens to be in a different state. I am literally 2 miles from the state border.

Cat

That's bizarre. At least you can get them They look nice.

In between bad weather we got the new metal roof up for our awning. We got the first section of siding complete. Mike finished sealing and caulking above the metal on the house and after it all dries we need to get that section of siding installed.

Meanwhile he cut and I painted the wood for a new bookshelf on wheels which will act like a door with storage

Old 04-09-2017, 03:35 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
After almost 3 weeks without a working fridge and freezer, my new one was delivered yesterday. Happy, happy.

ETA: I also had a water line run, so I now have an automatic ice maker. I'm ridiculously excited about that.

Last edited by bizcuit; 04-09-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 05:31 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Well, I didn't get to the sump pump this weekend due to it not actually coming in. Looks like it will be next weekend for this. Luckily, we have a 0 percent chance of rain over the next week. So, I did go ahead and pressure wash the fence which needed it badly.

The first picture is what it looked like before. The second is a comparison with the pressure washed side still wet. The 3rd it shortly after being done and the boards still wet. The 4th is from today with everything dry. Overall I am ecstatic with how they came out. I plan on putting some oil on it so hopefully they won't turn gray so fast.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-fence1.jpg   What are you working on now?-fence2.jpg   What are you working on now?-fence3.jpg   What are you working on now?-fence4.jpg  

Old 04-09-2017, 05:33 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
After almost 3 weeks without a working fridge and freezer, my new one was delivered yesterday. Happy, happy.

ETA: I also had a water line run, so I now have an automatic ice maker. I'm ridiculously excited about that.
ahhh.. it is the simple things in life.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:18 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post

Wow....that must have been rough. Enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Well, I didn't get to the sump pump this weekend due to it not actually coming in. Looks like it will be next weekend for this. Luckily, we have a 0 percent chance of rain over the next week. So, I did go ahead and pressure wash the fence which needed it badly.

The first picture is what it looked like before. The second is a comparison with the pressure washed side still wet. The 3rd it shortly after being done and the boards still wet. The 4th is from today with everything dry. Overall I am ecstatic with how they came out. I plan on putting some oil on it so hopefully they won't turn gray so fast.
Nice job.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:27 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
I dread having to replace the fence around this small back yard - the house was built in 1960 and the fence boards are clear 10' 1x8s. I will never find this quality lumber when I need to replace it.

(Plus I am positive city code doesn't allow 10' fences. Hey, it was like this when I bought it.)

Old 04-09-2017, 07:52 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
ahhh.. it is the simple things in life.
Exactly!

Old 04-09-2017, 07:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Replace the boards one at a time. Perhaps no one will notice. lol

Old 04-09-2017, 07:54 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Something completely different.

Packing for a trip a week before we leave. Hah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating