Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2017, 03:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Yikes, Cat!!!

I cleaned the house from top to bottom Friday and then yesterday we had huge storms (tornadoes close by killed at least four people). So today I worked outside picking up branches (thankfully no other damage) and just sort of cleaning up in the yard and planting and transplanting some things. It felt great out there - the temps have dropped at least 20 degrees and it's cool, very windy and sunny outside. More storms on the way later this week. But that's how it goes around here in the spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 07:21 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
^, well my nice sunny breezy weather I had the other day was nice while it lasted, today was damp windy and cold, must have been the left over from the tornadoes.

So, the perfect day to pull the entertainment center out and clean behind it, which is only 2 pieces of furniture about 4 1/2' high and 36" wide. They are connected by the top. The stereo and cd's and books are all stored there. (the TV broke and we just never replaced it) But its heavy and I didn't want to scratch the floors. ( I do believe way back when, I put those felt things on the bottoms)

Got it moved out pretty far to get behind there. OMG, (I didn't realize I had a family of 5 living back there). blech!!! It was so dusty, I had to use the dust pan before the vacuum.

(that's pretty bad) There is about a million wires back there and a few CD's that I had been looking for.....

anyway, spent the whole entire day organizing, and throwing out stuff that I haven't used in years, wiped everything , threw out CD's that I haven't listen to in years as well.....etc,...

One thing I did think of for a "helpful hint". There were wires that were to long obviously so I had wrapped them up and taped them together, and then went into the kitchen and got "zip lock bags" and put the wires in there, wrapped the bag tight and taped it shut and it kept them nice and neat...this way sometime in the next decade (or when I paint) when I have to move it again, I won't have to wipe each individual wire with a wet rag. So everything was nice and neat.......................

I hope everyone survived the tornadoe and is well.

I hope "cat" got her pantry painted, waiting and waiting, is really a bummer, especially when you take every thing out, because you dont want to put it back then to take it out again.. ugh......

Old 05-01-2017, 10:16 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

I hope "cat" got her pantry painted, waiting and waiting, is really a bummer, especially when you take every thing out, because you dont want to put it back then to take it out again.. ugh......

He is downstairs as I am writing this working on it. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get done. The only worrisome part is fixing the cracks. He is going to mud over them but he is not sure if that will hold or if it will have to be done again in the near future.

Cat

Old 05-01-2017, 03:22 PM

Pantry is DONE!!!! YAY!!!! So, tomorrow we will put everything that is now on the dinning room table BACK in the pantry. And we won't have to worry about paint chips each time we go into the pantry.

Cat

Old 05-01-2017, 06:35 PM

^ Isn't putting everything back in its place such a joy when its all clean and neat!!!

glad its all done !

I am going to build a little shelf inside one of the bottom cabinets of my entertainment center, to utilize more space, that will be next weekend.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Then you can do like I do when I organize a closet or pantry - just go in the room, open the door, and just look at it from time to time feeling good.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:29 PM

^ how about I had a "vision" at work today....

and when I got home I have these square plastic "under the counter" stick on battery lights, that you press, and they go on...I keep a few of then in all my closets, kinda like a portable flash light.

so my vision was to stick them under the shelf where I keep all my CD's (there are doors on the cabinet at the storage area)....one on each side, and poof, lighted CD area.......

gotta love two way tape!!!!

Old 05-02-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
^ Isn't putting everything back in its place such a joy when its all clean and neat!!!

glad its all done !

I am going to build a little shelf inside one of the bottom cabinets of my entertainment center, to utilize more space, that will be next weekend.

I decided to wait until tomorrow to put everything back. Yeah, it will be nice to have everything reorganized. I just don't understand, we put things in our pantry & cabinets only 3 years ago and already they need to be reorganized. WHY??!!!!

Cat

Old 05-02-2017, 10:55 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
It's like wires behind a cabinet. They tie themselves in knots. Pantry items move themselves around.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
It's like wires behind a cabinet. They tie themselves in knots. Pantry items move themselves around.

Is that what it is? My grandmother used to blame the pixies.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating