Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 10:25 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
Ok, I'll post before and after pictures. The transformation is amazing.
Please do post pictures! I'm about to paint my cabinets white so I'm very interested to see how yours come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 11:00 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
Sheepie2000,

When I went looking for a light fixture for my dining room I was looking to get rid of my old chandelier and replace it with a semi flush mount light fixture. Could find nothing on the routine web sites that appealed to me, but, I came across "Shades of Light" web site and their offerings were just a little different from all the other sites. You might try googling them to see if they have something that might be of interest to you.

Mary2014
I have bought several lamps from them over the years. They do have some lamps you won't see anywhere else.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:28 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,555,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have bought several lamps from them over the years. They do have some lamps you won't see anywhere else.

I wonder if some of what they offer are their own designs? They seem to have so many things you don't see elsewhere and at all different price points.

Mary2014

Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,481,288 times
Quote:
Ok, I finally put that puppy to bed, so here's what it looks like. I still have some fussing to do with art and plants, etc. but you get the idea.
Great work! You got that fabric pattern centered perfectly on the window . I know that must have been a ton of work. The coverlet you chose looks very similar to the one I chose for my guest bedroom. I love it.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Ok, I finally put that puppy to bed, so here's what it looks like. I still have some fussing to do with art and plants, etc. but you get the idea.

I adore that fabric. What a fun, unique look.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
OK today we finally got the bid from our contractor to redo the kitchen, laundry room and powder room. Yes, it was as bad as we expected - and of course we know to just go ahead and add at least 10 percent more to it - probably 20 percent more. Oh well - at least it should be done by Thanksgiving! I'll start a Before/As Hell Breaks Loose/After thread when we start! Tentative start date is October 1.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:01 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK today we finally got the bid from our contractor to redo the kitchen, laundry room and powder room. Yes, it was as bad as we expected - and of course we know to just go ahead and add at least 10 percent more to it - probably 20 percent more. Oh well - at least it should be done by Thanksgiving! I'll start a Before/As Hell Breaks Loose/After thread when we start! Tentative start date is October 1.
can't rep you any more. Good luck with your overhaul and I'm looking forward to seeing the before, during and after pictures.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:56 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
Quote:
I like the bed in front of the window. Most people won't do that. I think I might try that in my room!

Old 09-12-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Can't wait to see what you do in the kitchen.

I think everyone right now wants it done before Thanksgiving, and all of the gc's around here seem overloaded. One guy couldn't even come out to give me a bid until mid October. One guy said he would be out the next day but called back that night and said he just had too much going on right now. I really want to use the guy who called back and said he had too much going on, so I may just put it off until after the "before Thanksgiving" rush.

Last edited by PennyLane2; 09-12-2014 at 11:22 AM..

Old 09-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Finished up the dining room drapes:

Finished up guest bedroom with a new coverlet and some little things to set around:

Some partridges on one bedside chest - I use old garage sale Readers Digest books all the time for addded height :

Something for the dresser - I'm not very good at arranging, but I was determined to do it myself:

I also added some new prints for the frames above the bed and put a houseplant on a pedestal table in front of the window. I love houseplants. I think they make a house feel homey.

That was a fun project, but I'm done for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating