Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 09:09 PM

10 posts, read 3,855 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys! I'm planning to make a DIY divider using bamboo poles. Does anyone here already made one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 10:55 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Bye bye hideous wall. Hello---not sure what yet.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:30 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Today's completed project is a glass enclosure for my walk-in shower. Can't use it for 48 hours though. I've always wanted a walk-in shower.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:39 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Working on selling our houses. Three houses-one we live in, one we USED to live in that we have been trying to sell since moving, and one a vacation home in Puerto Rico we have been trying to sell for the last couple of years. Today, the house we USED to live in finally SOLD! As of today, we are down to 2 houses. The house in PR SHOULD sell a week from today. It is so weird after trying and trying and trying both of the houses sold within a week of each other. Unfortunately, we didn't sell either one of them at a price we would have liked. But at least we will be out from under their burden.

So that means we will be down to only ONE house. What an amazing concept.

Cat

Old 02-24-2019, 06:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Well, I have a little alcove that's very "tall and skinny" between the master bedroom and the living room, and I am thinking about painting it a very dark blue with random gold stars. I already replaced the light with a gold hanging light in front of a mirror with a heavy metallic (mixed colors including gold) frame, so I think it will look nice. We'll see! I decided on paint rather than wall paper because if it looks like crap it will be easy to paint over!

Here's the Before photo. I'm thinking about leaving the orange fabric up. Hmmm.

Here it is right now. You can see that if I leave the orange shirred fabric up (which I really do love), there is actually very little wall that will be deep blue with stars. That's the goal - I just want a little accent, not a big expanse of dark blue wall.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-alcove-after.jpg  

Old 02-24-2019, 07:59 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, I have a little alcove that's very "tall and skinny" between the master bedroom and the living room, and I am thinking about painting it a very dark blue with random gold stars. I already replaced the light with a gold hanging light in front of a mirror with a heavy metallic (mixed colors including gold) frame, so I think it will look nice. We'll see! I decided on paint rather than wall paper because if it looks like crap it will be easy to paint over!

Here's the Before photo. I'm thinking about leaving the orange fabric up. Hmmm.

Here it is right now. You can see that if I leave the orange shirred fabric up (which I really do love), there is actually very little wall that will be deep blue with stars. That's the goal - I just want a little accent, not a big expanse of dark blue wall.
Less is more, Kathryn. I would see how you like the blue and stars without the orange fabric. You can always put it back up. Haven’t you been thinking about the blue with stars for a long time? You know, you have to do it.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:04 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Working on selling our houses. Three houses-one we live in, one we USED to live in that we have been trying to sell since moving, and one a vacation home in Puerto Rico we have been trying to sell for the last couple of years. Today, the house we USED to live in finally SOLD! As of today, we are down to 2 houses. The house in PR SHOULD sell a week from today. It is so weird after trying and trying and trying both of the houses sold within a week of each other. Unfortunately, we didn't sell either one of them at a price we would have liked. But at least we will be out from under their burden.

So that means we will be down to only ONE house. What an amazing concept.

Cat
Wow! That must be a huge weight off your shoulders. Maybe you’ll sell the boat this week, too. Are you really planning to sell the big old house, too, after all the hard work? What’s your plan after that?

Old 02-24-2019, 12:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Less is more, Kathryn. I would see how you like the blue and stars without the orange fabric. You can always put it back up. Haven’t you been thinking about the blue with stars for a long time? You know, you have to do it.
Yes, LOL, I have a thing for stars and for cobalt blue - always have. So you're right - I do have to do it!

But you know me - I'm a maximalist!

This movie - when I saw this movie probably twenty years ago, I thought "I have to have that imagery in my life." I couldn't find photos of it, but Meryl Streep's bedroom in the movie was filled with cobalt blue and gold stars.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...51122850813753

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-24-2019 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-28-2019, 03:30 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Wow! That must be a huge weight off your shoulders. Maybe you’ll sell the boat this week, too. Are you really planning to sell the big old house, too, after all the hard work? What’s your plan after that?
When I told my sisters about both houses selling, they said the same thing about the boat. And NO we are NOT selling the big old house. That is MY home and I can't imagine living anywhere else every again-but never say never. The PR house is not officially sold yet-maybe tomorrow.

Cat

Old 02-28-2019, 04:03 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Oh just a bit of sprucing up......a new canvas for over the fireplace and new throw pillow covers with cheery abstract flowers, one of colorful, whimsical cats.

I like to have whimsical items that show I don't really take decorating very seriously....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating