Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 03:48 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
No electric stove here. The "Chef" insists upon a gas stove. He really loves ours because there is no electricity at all on the stove-no clock, nothing. The burners fire up by a pilot light. What he likes is if we were to lose electricity, we can still use the stove.

But, I really doubt that I can convince him that we need a new stove (even though I have been wanting one for the past 5 years now). I just have to pick the right time for that battle.

Cat

They sell hybrids. Gas stove top with an electric oven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 04:23 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
They sell hybrids. Gas stove top with an electric oven.
He won't go for it. Cleaning it probably wouldn't have been so bad if I did it on a regular basis. But, I didn't.

I have been dropping SUBTLE (ok, maybe NOT so subtle) hints about getting a new stove. So far, he hasn't acknowledged the not so subtle hints.

Cat

Old 03-27-2019, 04:49 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
No electric stove here. The "Chef" insists upon a gas stove. He really loves ours because there is no electricity at all on the stove-no clock, nothing. The burners fire up by a pilot light. What he likes is if we were to lose electricity, we can still use the stove.

But, I really doubt that I can convince him that we need a new stove (even though I have been wanting one for the past 5 years now). I just have to pick the right time for that battle.

Cat
You can get gas burners over an electric oven. That’s what I hope to get if mine needs to be replaced. The oven even has a steam clean option. Maybe when you sell the darn boat.

https://www.livingoodsonline.com/pro...s930selss.html

Old 03-27-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You can get gas burners over an electric oven. That’s what I hope to get if mine needs to be replaced. The oven even has a steam clean option. Maybe when you sell the darn boat.

https://www.livingoodsonline.com/pro...s930selss.html
I could never convince him on something that price. The ones I'm looking at are between $300-$400. I'm just not pushing the issue. I'm sure if I really pushed it, he would give in. I'm just saving my battle for something else.

Cat

Old 03-27-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I could never convince him on something that price. The ones I'm looking at are between $300-$400. I'm just not pushing the issue. I'm sure if I really pushed it, he would give in. I'm just saving my battle for something else.

Cat
Well...maybe he should clean the oven.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Well...maybe he should clean the oven.
Yeah, right. I'm lucky if I get him to take out the trash.

Cat

Old 04-01-2019, 12:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Whew, oh my gosh, I am worn out and I am amazed that I didn't fall off the ladder, but I decided to do something with a little space that I've wanted to do ever since I saw something similar in a movie 25 years ago! I got the package of stars from Amazon - and I stuck one on the wall for a month first to see if it would peel off my textured wall, which it didn't. I finally broke down and bought the paint and tape and I swear, taping and preparing always takes longer than actually painting! But I knocked it out and I am absolutely in love with the results.

I am posting several photos - a listing photo from when we bought the house (UGH!), showing the space, then what I did with it prior to painting it - I wasn't unhappy with that though you should have seen the woman's face in the fabric store when I told her I wanted ten yards of orange fabric! - and then the prep work and finally the finished product. I couldn't be happier!
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-living-room-kitchen.jpg   What are you working on now?-nook-before-paint-2019.jpg   What are you working on now?-nook-prepped-2019.jpg   What are you working on now?-nook-half-way-2019.jpg   What are you working on now?-nook-done-2019.jpg  

What are you working on now?-nook-done-close-2019.jpg  

Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Whew, oh my gosh, I am worn out and I am amazed that I didn't fall off the ladder, but I decided to do something with a little space that I've wanted to do ever since I saw something similar in a movie 25 years ago! I got the package of stars from Amazon - and I stuck one on the wall for a month first to see if it would peel off my textured wall, which it didn't. I finally broke down and bought the paint and tape and I swear, taping and preparing always takes longer than actually painting! But I knocked it out and I am absolutely in love with the results.

I am posting several photos - a listing photo from when we bought the house (UGH!), showing the space, then what I did with it prior to painting it - I wasn't unhappy with that though you should have seen the woman's face in the fabric store when I told her I wanted ten yards of orange fabric! - and then the prep work and finally the finished product. I couldn't be happier!
I like it -- great job!

Old 04-03-2019, 06:30 AM

I like it! Is it just like you pictured all these years?

Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
I like it! Is it just like you pictured all these years?
YES! I am so happy with it that I just want to stand around in that tiny space looking at it - LOL.

Not really but I am glad that I can see it from the living room and when I walk through the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating