Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2020, 06:27 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times

Advertisements

Someday I will do our pantry. It's serviceable but it has wire shelves and I don't like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 08:47 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Very nice. A few years ago, I recognized our pantry. I started throwing away cans that had been in there since last century. I noticed that Hubby put something back that I threw away and I think it is STILL in there. I think it might be time to recognize it again. Our pantry is built-in cabinets. Only a small portion of that is food. The rest is pitchers, vases, storage containers, and other things.

Cat
Thanks, a pantry is something you don’t pay attention to, until you see a picture of an organized one. Yes, cans tend to get lost in the back, along with all kinds of stuff. If you do your pantry again, post some pictures. It’s not a big project, but it pays off.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:57 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Someday I will do our pantry. It's serviceable but it has wire shelves and I don't like them.
The last house had wire shelves and to save money, I took measurements and ordered custom shelves that you could install yourself. The end result looked good, without having someone come over and do the work.

https://www.easyclosets.com/?mkto=Go...QaAsOtEALw_wcB

Old 03-07-2020, 03:30 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
I am planning for this year's projects. These are what I HOPE will be done:

-Replace the crown molding in the living room. I have already contacted our contractor about this. Hopefully, he can do it. There used to be molding but before we bought the place, someone replaced the ceiling and either took down the molding or it came down. What a shame, too because it was plaster like the rest of the downstairs. Our contractor once told us that he could replicate it using wood and gave us a ballpark figure as to how much. Of course at the time we included the dining room. We have decided not to do the dining room because the ceiling is lower and it wouldn't look right.

-Dig up the back yard. We are going hire a landscaping place for this and I have been looking around. Right now, we pretty much have a bunch of weeds growing back that. We want to dig it up and plant grass. There is one place that we want to turn into a garden but haven't decided what to grow-we are leaning toward asparagus and who knows what else. There is also a privacy fence that has fallen down. The fence actually belongs to our neighbors but we don't know if they know that it is theirs. We also don't know if they own the house or if they are renting. Ether way, we are just going to put up our own so we don't have to look at the fallen fence and their mess of a yard.

-Have the garage painted. (Either this year or next.) Maybe replace windows & rotted floorboard. If we are really ambition, electrify it. Again, if not this year, maybe next.

-Replace the windows in the front door and the living room door. Each door has two arched shaped windows. The one in the foyer has etched glass but it is broken in many places and someone just tried to tape it. I looked for someone who does etched glass around here but couldn't find anyone. But I have found a few places that does stained glass. So, we are thinking of replacing the etched glass with stained glass. As for the one in the living room, one window is original. It is glass and has a design. The other is just a plain plexiglass. I have been trying to figure out what to do with this. I thought about finding a place that does decals and maybe making a decal that looks like the original window. The thing is, I really like the fact that I can see out of the plain window. I can't see out of the original one. So, we are trying to figure out maybe doing a bit of a design on top and leaving it plain so we can see out.

So, that is what we are hoping to have done this year-and of course my annual yard sale, but we shall see.

Cat

-So the last week we emailed our contractor to have the crown molding done-no word as to when it can be done-but he did acknowledge it so hopefully, that will be done this year.

-We called about having the backyard/fence done. They are going to come out the first week in April. Don't know if it will be done then or not.

-Today we met with our painter. He will do the painting, replace windows & floorboard in the garage probably late June.

The only thing yet to be set into motion are the door windows.

Not too shabby.

Cat

Old 03-08-2020, 06:39 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
-So the last week we emailed our contractor to have the crown molding done-no word as to when it can be done-but he did acknowledge it so hopefully, that will be done this year.

-We called about having the backyard/fence done. They are going to come out the first week in April. Don't know if it will be done then or not.

-Today we met with our painter. He will do the painting, replace windows & floorboard in the garage probably late June.

The only thing yet to be set into motion are the door windows.

Not too shabby.

Cat
Wow, you are on a roll. We look forward to seeing the “after” on the garage.

Old 03-08-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Wow, you are on a roll. We look forward to seeing the “after” on the garage.

I'm looking forward to it, too. What is really strange is that after owning the place for 7 years, yesterday was the VERY first time I went into the upstairs of the garage. I have gone half way up the stairs and looked but never went all the way up.

Cat

Old 03-08-2020, 05:29 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Woohooo, Catwoman - you're going whole hog on this! PICTURES.

Old 03-08-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Woohooo, Catwoman - you're going whole hog on this! PICTURES.

As soon as the work starts.

In the meanwhile, I have been looking for medallions for the chandeliers in the living room & dining room that are close to the medallions in the rest of the house. And I am looking for a new (antique?) weathervane for the garage. We have just an arrow but it has been bent over since we bought the place. We want to replace it-preferable with a cat. So far, I'm not finding it. But, I'm sure the right one will come along.

Cat

Old 03-18-2020, 04:38 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,197,375 times
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kichler-Ham...Bar/1000241277

We just moved back into our house, these were the lights for 2 of the bathrooms we chose, i didnt know they have a night light built in. I love it! It gives you a nice soft light wt night. You don't need to turn the light in.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:00 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I ordered a gorgeous outdoor rug the other day from Bassett. Funny how quickly things change. Two weeks ago we were ordering a rug and outdoor furniture for our patio and I'm glad we just went ahead and did it because I sure as heck wouldn't do it right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating