Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2022, 11:30 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

It's my birthday and my @##$%$@$^^&&^%$ fridge is out AGAIN!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 07:24 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
It's my birthday and my @##$%$@$^^&&^%$ fridge is out AGAIN!!!!!
Oh no. Well that really is a downer
I hope you weren't having ice cream cake? Happy Belated......

Old 05-21-2022, 02:27 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Oh no. Well that really is a downer
I hope you weren't having ice cream cake? Happy Belated......
No. But now it's cold once I put it at 33 degrees. I'm so over it.

Thanks for the bday wish!

Old 05-21-2022, 06:46 PM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybirdie View Post
I just built a jungle gym for my kids age 9, 5 and 3. I am also adding a 6'x10' net so they can hang out in suspension 4'-5' in the air. The rainbow ladder is for climbing onto the the 6'x10' net.

The ceiling joists are 24" apart. I used 5/16" x 5" structural screws to fasten the 2x4 to the ceiling. 3/8 eye hooks. My ceiling has two layers of drywalls. The swing is strong enough for me, 160 lbs weight.

You win Dad of the Year!!!! what an awesome set up this is! lucky kids.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomo30346 View Post
The hardwood floor installers are here, ripping up the carpet in the all the bedrooms (including master bedroom) and replacing it with hardwood floors.

It looks amazing.

The stairs also had carpet which has been removed, now they are sanding the stairs to match the new hardwood.

Started on Monday, hopefully, will be done by tomorrow for the latest.

It has been stressful, having painters in last week, and now the hardwood floor install....

But so worth it
We are on deck (no pun intended) for wall to wall floors, install starts day after tomorrow.

Already replaced toilets. Vanities and fixtures go in with the floors.

Fridge replaced last week, and me, wife and friends moved some kitchen cabinets and patched walls in prep for it all.

We recently finished painting interior walls.

Next:
Interior Trim
Replace fence outside
Eventually redo the kitchen

But for a while, just catch our breath and enjoy the progress.

Old 05-23-2022, 12:13 PM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Our back patio is very large…. About 40’ x 20’ in a freeform style. Its a textured concrete and it needs to be re-stained and re-sealed. I am getting quotes now. Its going to be expensive.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
We are on deck (no pun intended) for wall to wall floors, install starts day after tomorrow.

Already replaced toilets. Vanities and fixtures go in with the floors.

Fridge replaced last week, and me, wife and friends moved some kitchen cabinets and patched walls in prep for it all.

We recently finished painting interior walls.

Next:
Interior Trim
Replace fence outside
Eventually redo the kitchen

But for a while, just catch our breath and enjoy the progress.
The unexpected things you find when contractor starts demolition. I'm barely able to screw in a light-bulb, but this project has taught me to do simple drywall patch and repair. We had some water-rot going on behind the bathroom vanity, here is my repair. (It will be hidden, so finish was unimportant, just wanted to get the rot out, and something solid and appropriate in. Not great, but functional. Started at 9PM, after the crews left, finished before a great night of dusty sleep.)

(Pictures for "Kathryn")
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-wall-repair-1.jpg   What are you working on now?-wall-repair-2.jpg   What are you working on now?-wall-repair-3.jpg  

Old 05-29-2022, 02:18 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The unexpected things you find when contractor starts demolition. I'm barely able to screw in a light-bulb, but this project has taught me to do simple drywall patch and repair. We had some water-rot going on behind the bathroom vanity, here is my repair. (It will be hidden, so finish was unimportant, just wanted to get the rot out, and something solid and appropriate in. Not great, but functional. Started at 9PM, after the crews left, finished before a great night of dusty sleep.)

(Pictures for "Kathryn")
Thank you and it looks great!!!!!

Old 05-30-2022, 05:32 PM

936 posts, read 2,082,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
You win Dad of the Year!!!! what an awesome set up this is! lucky kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
Now THIS is 100% pure “cool dad”!

Bravo, DudeDad!

One tip if I may, from one DudeDad to another - you’re likely to write off this room now. Expect dents in the walls, stains on the floor, and “what the hell is thats” on the ceiling! But if you can do all that you’ve done already, then you know how to fix it when that time comes… and it comes before you know it. We have a playroom too, that also served as a classroom when Covid hit. Seems like yesterday, but we’re now resetting it to a more “chill” room for the kids. One thing I learned - matchbox cars are hell on drywall!
I added a "Sky Net" to complete set up with the Rainbow Ladder going to the Sky Net.

Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-20220517_200917.jpg   What are you working on now?-20220517_193739.jpg  

Old 05-31-2022, 06:18 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,947 times
I am working on my kitchen. Countertops and backsplash were installed last week (soapstone perimeter and honed marble island and backsplash). All appliances are installed except the range. The range is back-ordered and due in September. The light fixture is back-ordered and due in July.

I still have to choose a paint color and cabinet knob/pulls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating