Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 11:29 PM

44 posts, read 159,339 times

Advertisements

I'm hanging new curtains and rods in our office tomorrow. After that blinds are on the agenda for the same windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 08:20 AM

49,972 posts, read 63,287,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4kids View Post
DH is preparing shelves for the rubbermaid storage that he found when a customer asked him to remove junk from the backyard of the house he just sold to her. I'm culling my books. I have way too many.
Yup, me too. We're finishing up a 12' long, single shelf for our bonus room, and so I am keeping the books to 12 feet, and that's it. Most are reference books, like gardening, antiques, needlework, etc. I never re read novels, so I don't save them.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,464,695 times
Thank you, eggalegga!

The third and final trip for the plumber was Monday. He installed the shower fixtures and set the toilet. Love that Toto, it has a wonderful flush, and I'm thinking of replacing the other two toilets with the same plain Jane Toto.

They measured for the French style shower doors on Tuesday. That's another waiting game. I've still got to get the light fixtures switched out, get the mirrors framed, do some touch up painting on the walls, and hang a picture.

Here's the shower:

The off-center drain would drive some people batty, but I decided to leave it where it was and spend the money elsewhere. Gettin' There...Gettin' There

Old 02-12-2015, 03:49 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,373,554 times
I'm in the process of ordering patio furniture for my patio since alot of sites like Crate and Barrel have clearance items on outdoor patios.

Working on my home gym, putting up mirrors and shelves in the basement.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:13 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,952,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, post a picture when you're done - that makes me curious.
Alas! My curtains have been lost in transit. I've been waiting not so patiently, but they never showed up. They're going to send a new shipment and I hope it arrives quickly.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:39 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,223,436 times
Although not inside the house, this week I have been trying to repair two broken fiberglass skylights in our large metal barn (30x60). I went up to the top once (18') then decided I had better pay someone younger than myself because I just don't bounce as well as I used to.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Although not inside the house, this week I have been trying to repair two broken fiberglass skylights in our large metal barn (30x60). I went up to the top once (18') then decided I had better pay someone younger than myself because I just don't bounce as well as I used to.
That's exactly why I don't "do" ladders anymore . Step stool is as high as I go.

No-sew faux Roman shade for my vanity area - complete with bling :

These things are a snap to make, but they're a you-know-what to hang and get all the folds just right. It's still not perfect, but I just sing my little song...Nothing In My House Is Perfect, Including Me...and go on about my business. Still working on the other one.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:30 AM

49,972 posts, read 63,287,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
That's exactly why I don't "do" ladders anymore . Step stool is as high as I go.

These things are a snap to make, but they're a you-know-what to hang and get all the folds just right. It's still not perfect, but I just sing my little song...Nothing In My House Is Perfect, Including Me...and go on about my business. Still working on the other one.
I'm electing you the window covering Queen. I'll be sad when you run out of windows.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:45 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post

I love this shade!

And by the way, perfection is boring.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I'm electing you the window covering Queen. I'll be sad when you run out of windows.
That's it for a while, but that's what I say all the time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I love this shade!

And by the way, perfection is boring.
Adding that verse to my little song....Perfection is Boring...Perfection is Boring...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating