Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 11:31 AM

1,379 posts, read 3,920,935 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, what are your thoughts on having a dark stain (like this: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/imag...ark_walnut.png) on red oak hardwoods? My living space is not huge (roughly 15X18), and kitchen is about 10X14, which is open to the living space. Almost the entire south wall of the house is glass, which will provide tons of light to both rooms. I know darker floors tend to show dirt more, but again, it's not a huge space, so this is not a deterrent for me.

My furniture is grey with blue/green undertones, and I was looking at a warmer neutral wall color, like this: Believable Buff SW 6120 - Yellow Paint Color - Sherwin-Williams

For the ceiling I could either go a lighter shade of wall color to provide continuity, or go more white to help open the space up.

Any comments/critiques/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating