U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 03:03 PM

21,981 posts, read 12,999,855 times

Advertisements

I saw a sofa online that I really liked but am not familiar with the brand. Does anyone have any experience with Omnia Leather, and whether it's a reasonable quality? It is not the most expensive brand out there but would still be a very sizable purchase for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 03:16 PM

41,226 posts, read 59,538,157 times
When shopping for leather furniture you should consider this:
10 Things to Watch Out for When Shopping for Leather Furniture
Omnia Leather furniture have mixed reviews:
Is Omnia Leather Sofa good quality? - Furniture Forum - GardenWeb
http://www.businessconsumeralliance....a6wrMowslkVQ==
It's considered to be mid-range quality:
Brand and Manufacturer Quality Rankings
Made in USA.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:24 PM

Thanks elnina!

I saw that gardenweb thread too and one complaint which was on a different site but which may or may not have been the one you linked.

I guess now I have to decide of mid-range quality is worth it for me - it's mid range pricing too, so at least it's consistent with that.

I think there is a somewhat local store that stocks them - not sure if they have the particular style I like, but it will be helpful to at least see some of their products and the leather quality in person.

Would still love reviews from anyone who has actually owned something from this brand!

Old 08-22-2014, 05:10 PM

1,357 posts, read 2,210,852 times
Those are some great links. Too bad it's too late for me!

Old 08-22-2014, 05:46 PM

20,419 posts, read 39,104,111 times
OP, I get that you are concerned about quality, but...

do you even know if it is comfortable? The highest quality is of no good if you don't like sitting in it.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
OP, I get that you are concerned about quality, but...

do you even know if it is comfortable? The highest quality is of no good if you don't like sitting in it.
If I got enough feedback that it was lousy quality, I would not bother to go through the process of trying to track it down to look at in person.

So far, it seems like it's reasonable quality for the price and I've found a store in Boulder (I'm in Denver) that stocks the brand so it seems like it's worth the visit up there to check them out.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:55 AM

I thought I'd update after going to see a couple of Omnia Leather pieces in person. I think they are a reasonable quality for the price point. Not the absolute best but a solid piece for a midpoint price. They didn't really have anything that hit me exactly right for the style I want, though, and I worked for a while with the salesperson going over pretty much everything they had in the catalog.

Now I'm leaning towards Palliser, which seems to also be a decent quality, and for a slightly lower price.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:18 AM

14,703 posts, read 21,714,379 times
Default Buy local

Dear OP,
Make a trip to Room & Board in Denver.
Excellent leather furniture.
,dave

Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Dear OP,
Make a trip to Room & Board in Denver.
Excellent leather furniture.
,dave

Been there and drooled. I love some of their stuff. Sadly, out of the price range I want to spend.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:16 PM

25,326 posts, read 16,297,798 times
Take your time. Do your research. Denver is a very large metro area, and should have many options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or