U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 05:01 PM

25,466 posts, read 16,415,619 times

Advertisements

We've had ours for a year. Overall, we like our bed a lot and I have less muscle soreness when I sleep on it. It most certainly does not sleep hot! Anytime you sleep on air, the air will be cool, especially in the winter. We bought a model with a nice pad on the top, and I find it quite comfortable.

They do have to be put together by someone who knows how, so the original purchaser should ask the retailer where it was bought to provide assistance in putting it together. And you won't be able to move the bed around in the room, so know where you want it!

If a small leak develops, you can re inflate it easily, and if the leak becomes bad, call the store that sold it. Inflating it, or changing the firmness is slightly noisy, but when you are sleeping there is no noise. My down comforter makes more noise than my mattress! My mattress is silent.

You will want to find your "number." A visit to the nearest sleep number store, and a tryout on a demo mattress might show you how to do this, and what your "number" is. I'd do this if you have any doubt about whether you want the mattress or not. You'll know pretty quick if you like it. We did, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 891 times
I have sleep number I bought I10 Cal King bed in Nov 2013. It is very hot bed during the summer. It makes me sleep very uncomfortable. I can't stand it . I called the sleep number to find out, but they said nobody complains. Does any one has the same problems as I do?

Old 09-30-2014, 06:37 PM

25,466 posts, read 16,415,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houhan168 View Post
I have sleep number I bought I10 Cal King bed in Nov 2013. It is very hot bed during the summer. It makes me sleep very uncomfortable. I can't stand it . I called the sleep number to find out, but they said nobody complains. Does any one has the same problems as I do?
I don't find than my Sleep number bed sleeps hot. Since the air underneath you is generally cool, I wonder why you are experiencing hot sleep. I was concerned about this with a foam bed, though. That was one reason we chose a Sleep Number.

I assume you have tried taking off covers at night?

Old 09-30-2014, 06:46 PM

39,184 posts, read 48,160,480 times
We have friends who like theirs, but the one we slept on in their guest room was not impressive. It reminds me of the mattress we bought that was like a regular mattress, but had waterbed tubes in it, back in the day.
I might be persuaded to go for a memory foam mattress next time, but nothing gimmicky.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:05 PM

33,662 posts, read 34,537,638 times
I had a sleep number mattress several years ago that I shipped overseas and then gave to a family member. There were no issues of leaks and the pump didn't make significant noise.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:27 AM

21,992 posts, read 13,064,337 times
I know several people who have the sleep number and love it. I think it works particularly well with couples who have different preferences for soft vs. firm. Personally, I love my memory foam mattress and didn't find the sleep number as comfortable, but I also didn't play around with it all that much. I probably could have kept adjusting to find a better fit for me.

I don't know anyone who has issues with it being too hot, other than menopausal women who might have that issue on a bed made of ice. lol!

Old 11-02-2014, 11:58 AM

129 posts, read 160,308 times
I love my Sleep Number bed. Never had a problem with leaks or sleeping hot. We have had it for 5-10 years.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:08 PM

14,146 posts, read 26,214,219 times
I had mine for about 15 years and today it's going to the trash. No problems with leaking or the pump making noise. I always kept it fully inflated to be as firm as possible(100). What I didn't like was the 'hole' in the middle of the mattress where the 2 airbags came together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating