U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,683,524 times

Advertisements

OP,

My first suggestion is to not consider an L shaped kitchen, but, rather a straight line of cabinets and an island on wheels. Maybe a 2' x 5' island so you have additional counter space and storage underneath it. I think it would give you much more flexibility to be able to have a movable island.

Mary2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 08:32 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,683,524 times
OP,

I like square #7 as a place to put your kitchen table because I like it near your window. But, because I think you need a little more than 6' x 6' and allowing for the chairs you will use up some of the space in block #4 and block #8. The kitchen island I suggested might be placed coming off the wall in the middle of block 8.

As for your TV stand I would place that next to the wall where block #1 and block #2 meet. I would go with an L shaped sectional couch facing the TV, placing the long part of the L shape roughly coming off of the wall between the window and the balcony door.

That is about all I've got and I am sorry if I have confused people by breaking up the space into nine squares - it would have probably been easier if I could have attached a picture with a suggested layout- but, I don't know how to do that.

I am sure there will be more people who will be able to chime in with better suggestions.

Mary2014

Old 09-09-2014, 08:38 AM

5 posts, read 6,800 times
Mary thank you for you suggestion and effort.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:53 AM

5,610 posts, read 3,065,193 times
Is that door the front door to this room?

I was thinking of dividing this room into fourths. It looks like your kitchen installations all run along one wall. I might take a long counter, a chopping block, and a freestanding cabinet and line them up across from your kitchen installations, leaving maybe 3.5' to 4' in between. Maybe put a half wall behind them. Then, on the other side you could put a small round table and use that for a dining area. Another option would be a trestle table that you could slide right up to the wall, leaving one long bench across the long side and putting two chairs on each of the short sides. Or even a corner nook that would fit under the window.

Next to that and catty corner to your dining area, you could fit in a small living room. If you placed the sofa with its back to the dining area, you would be able to add a couple of chairs and put your TV either in the corner or against the wall. Behind the living room where the door is, you could plan a small entry with a freestanding closet or a coat rack and a little bench to sit down at and take your shoes off when you walk through the doors.

Just throwing that out there.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 235 times
Hey,
I just wanted an update about your room, i see that has been long time ago but i have also the same shape and same meter square...can you set us a picture????

Old 05-23-2016, 02:46 PM

6 posts, read 4,194 times
I would try putting the dining area where the balcony doors are (don't block them of course), as for the living room furniture, try placing it in different areas of the space to see what you like best.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:10 AM

26 posts, read 21,156 times
Dealing with these kind of problems doesn't surprise me, specially in your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating