Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 11:22 AM

335 posts, read 619,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
I would definately go with a sleek tube silver handle to mimic the stainless steel handle on the frig. They are very much in style and cost a bit but worth it.

Exactly what we did. There is a lot of oil-rubbed bronze throughout our house, and we redid kitchen with dark cherry color cabinets and that type of handle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 08:20 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
LOL they do catch on certain things. But in fairness so do others that have the screws inset like that. I have some that are big bulky and black that catch me all the time. Then I have som round stainless steel knob handles in the bathroom that catch my blow dryer cord all the time. Life is hard

Old 10-21-2014, 06:14 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithTX View Post
I would like to add hardware to my kitchen cabinets and have oil rubbed bronze throughout the house, but stainless steel appliances. What color hardware is best for dark cabinets? Photo of my kitchen is below. Thanks for your help!
Your kitchen looks very much like my current one! (we bought this house about 6 months ago). The kitchen cabinets have no hardware at all, and I think I'll just leave it that way until I find something I love. I'm really picky about cabinet hardware---I want something unique but not weird.

I do agree with the other posters who have suggested hardware that matches your appliances. I like the contrast that would give against the dark wood.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
In my former house I had dark cabinets and that dark bronzed light fixtures and faucet - but I went with stainless steel pulls and they looked great with my stainless steel appliances and also up against the dark wood. That's what I would recommend.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:07 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,985,828 times
I think you can go either way (bronze or nickel). My kitchen has cherry cabinets and bronze hardware with stainless steel appliances:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr98ykaqs2...18.24.jpg?dl=0

I would go with what you personally like. I probably wouldn't have picked the exact hardware we have right now, but we have too many knobs to change them for no reason. At least at this point in time. I've grown to like them...

Old 10-23-2014, 10:52 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I think you can go either way (bronze or nickel). My kitchen has cherry cabinets and bronze hardware with stainless steel appliances:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr98ykaqs2...18.24.jpg?dl=0

I would go with what you personally like. I probably wouldn't have picked the exact hardware we have right now, but we have too many knobs to change them for no reason. At least at this point in time. I've grown to like them...
I had to really zoom in on the photo just to see that the cabinets have any hardware at all. I was thinking a contrast (probably something silver toned) would look good for my dark cabinets, but maybe something that blends right in, like yours, would work well too.

Everything I see either looks too "country" (I always think round knobs have a country look), or other types are too trendy (right now everyone seems to have the "birdcage" style).

I've been looking for cabinets knobs I like for the past 3 years! (That's 3 different houses in my case).

Old 10-23-2014, 08:25 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,985,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I had to really zoom in on the photo just to see that the cabinets have any hardware at all. I was thinking a contrast (probably something silver toned) would look good for my dark cabinets, but maybe something that blends right in, like yours, would work well too.

Everything I see either looks too "country" (I always think round knobs have a country look), or other types are too trendy (right now everyone seems to have the "birdcage" style).

I've been looking for cabinets knobs I like for the past 3 years! (That's 3 different houses in my case).
Yeah, honestly, that's a very bad picture. In real life, the knobs are darker than the cabinets, I can see them very clearly right now and I'm at least 20 feet away. So, there is some contrast, but not as much as there would be with nickel.

We have round knobs on the cabinets and pulls that are about 3.5" on the drawers (two of them on the wide drawers). I don't love the style, they are a little more traditional/country than I would pick if I could have anything.

For our last house I got a great deal on hardware on ebay, of all places. If you find something you like on ebay, click the seller's name and usually it turns out that they have a store off of ebay. So, you can go there and get a better price/free shipping. Our last kitchen had over 30 pulls, so I needed something that was reasonably priced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating