U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:00 AM

33,076 posts, read 61,899,312 times

Advertisements

My cats have more bathrooms than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
We have 2 1/2 baths in our house.

Considering our kids refuse to use their hall bath, we have more than enough.
You can't tell your kids to get the hell out of your bathroom??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 12:14 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,083,639 times
I live alone and have just one bathroom. While it's sufficient, I'd love to have a powder room so that when I have friends, guests, or workmen over they don't have to use my bathroom if they need to use the facilities.

My main thought it that it would be nice to not have to ensure my bathroom is clean and there's no underwear on the floor before a repairman comes over.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:32 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,391,539 times
We have 3 full baths for two adults in our main residence. Our two kids are grown and out of the house now. We do have house guests several times a year.
We also have a pied a terre with one bathroom and it's fine for a day or so but I really enjoy having multiple bathrooms on a daily basis.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:51 PM

3,281 posts, read 4,962,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
These days there are 2 of us in a 2 bathroom house....our last house had 3 bathrooms for
the 5 of us....When I was a child we had 1 bathroom for the 5 of us. Do you think you have
enough bathrooms for the number of people living in your home?
Currently we have way too many bathrooms. Four full baths and 2 people. We're working on changing the 2 people part though... Someday it won't seem so crazy. Growing up we had 2.5 baths and 5 people, that was just fine when we were young. In high school we had 4.5 baths and 5 people, which was 1 bath too many (the one in the basement was never used).

Old 10-01-2014, 08:26 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,763,257 times
We have 2 beds and 1 bath. Works fine for us as usually theres only the 2 of us living here. Its worked fine with guests as well although a separate w/c would be nice at times.

Added bonus .. less for me to clean

Old 10-01-2014, 09:18 PM

21,982 posts, read 13,008,222 times
I will have 2 full and one half bath for me and my 10 year old. Before this, we were in a single floor home with 2 full baths, so his bath was also the guest bath. New house is 2 stories so the full baths are upstairs with the bedrooms and there is a powder room on the main floor. That is my personal minimum, and I would not have purchased this home if it had a different set up. But as it's new construction, I think I would have been hard pressed to find something with fewer bathrooms if that had been my preference, it just seems like it's the norm these days.

(and for the record, I grew up in a 3BR/2.5BA which was eventually converted to 3 baths (although 2 had showers rather than tubs).

Old 10-02-2014, 05:12 AM

13 posts, read 12,542 times
Yes Its a new trend to have mulitple bathrooms. We are 4 members in family & having 2 bathrooms in total 7 I believe thats sufficient.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:57 AM

15,855 posts, read 26,003,411 times
I have never in my life ever lived in a house with more than one bathroom. i raised 3 boys in one bathroom, my parents and all the neighbors raised families with one bathroom, our friends and guests ( friends, family) all used our one bathroom.....

i still have one bathroom, no problems, i just dont see the need for a bathroom especially for guests only, thats ridiculous, just what do people have in their bathrooms that guests, which are not strangers cant see.

maybe its a regional thing but here in the ny area, were happy with one bathroom.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:01 PM

24,841 posts, read 31,091,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I have never in my life ever lived in a house with more than one bathroom. i raised 3 boys in one bathroom, my parents and all the neighbors raised families with one bathroom, our friends and guests ( friends, family) all used our one bathroom.....

i still have one bathroom, no problems, i just dont see the need for a bathroom especially for guests only, thats ridiculous, just what do people have in their bathrooms that guests, which are not strangers cant see.

maybe its a regional thing but here in the ny area, were happy with one bathroom.
I bet there isn't a single house in my community of 90k people that only has one bath. It is all 1980s or newer and they just don't build like that anymore ime.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:07 AM

5,656 posts, read 5,568,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

Most residences in Brooklyn that I know of that only have one bathroom are coops/condos. Even my parents' house in Brooklyn (<750 square feet!) has 1.5 baths. Otherwise, the majority of houses have more than one.

I would love to have a place one day with more than one bathroom. I don't need more than two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or