Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 10:52 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into the options to install a fancy showerhead in my new bathroom. It will be a free standing tub-sized shower with frameless glass.

Maybe something sort of like this

Blue Ocean 48-Inch Silver Stainless-Steel Shower Panel Tower with Rainfall Shower Head | Overstock™ Shopping - Great Deals on Massage Panels

I was looking for any experience with this type of showerhead, and any recommendations on brands to look at or to avoid.
Attached Thumbnails
showerhead system-shower-head.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 08:23 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,084,500 times
Look it up on Amazon. Sort by average review. You'll have hundreds of reviews specific down to the very model, which is vastly better than any guidance you can hope to find on city-data.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Look it up on Amazon. Sort by average review. You'll have hundreds of reviews specific down to the very model, which is vastly better than any guidance you can hope to find on city-data.
Thanks. I can and have looked at reviews on other sites, but figured I'd also check to see if any CDers had some input as there are many smart and well informed folks around here!

Old 10-07-2014, 04:41 PM

17,447 posts, read 65,798,103 times
They're basically crap-
It's a "conversion" of sorts to a "full-feature" shower. The downfall is the supplies are to small to give adequate volume/pressure/coverage; compared to a shower that is rough plumbed for multiple heads/features.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
They're basically crap-
It's a "conversion" of sorts to a "full-feature" shower. The downfall is the supplies are to small to give adequate volume/pressure/coverage; compared to a shower that is rough plumbed for multiple heads/features.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my builder will not plumb for anything beyond the standard so I am limited something that can be retrofitted with the existing plumbing.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:47 PM

17,447 posts, read 65,798,103 times
Here's a good example of why a "builder" won't do it-

How to: KOHLER custom shower system setup - pressure loop & plumbing conections Atlanta tile - YouTube

That's how a real multi-feature shower gets plumbed.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:59 PM

13,042 posts, read 18,008,630 times
In 1964 my uncle worked for a builder who did high end homes. My parents were doing the dormer thing that everyone was doing at the time and my uncle installed a tri level shower in the stall shower. It was pretty slick. There was the standard height shower head, then one that hit below the neck and the third was below the knee. The below the knee was rarely used but the below the neck was great, recall back in those days, hair was not washed every day so it really came in handy to say the least.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:58 AM

Thanks again for the info, it has been very helpful for me in researching what I want to do. I have a much better understanding of the limitations of a shower panel now, so while I think I will still go ahead with it, I have a much more realistic idea of how it will really work.

I actually was mostly interested in the aesthetic look more so than the functions, and realistically speaking, I will only be using the regular overhead showerhead and the handheld, and not all the other jets. So I'm hoping that will still provide a comfortable amount of water pressure, about the same as if I just got a standard showerhead with a handheld. But I love the look of the panel and with a frameless glass door, the look is a big factor for me.

I'm still trying to see if I can get one that has the look of a panel and doesn't even have any extra jets. So far, no success, but I will try to find one with the smallest number of jets possible and see how that works.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:55 AM

235 posts, read 1,575,947 times
We installed a Fresca shower panel in October 2013. Homeowners purchased this and at first I had my doubts about this unit. After installation I was surprised at how well it operated. Average water pressure in this area is 50psi. These units are built with flow restrictors that can not be removed, but overall the unit works really well. I know the owners and everything is still working very good. It is in their master bath and used everyday.

Bathroom Vanities | Buy Bathroom Vanity Furniture & Cabinets | RGM Distribution

Old 10-12-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPLUMBING View Post
We installed a Fresca shower panel in October 2013. Homeowners purchased this and at first I had my doubts about this unit. After installation I was surprised at how well it operated. Average water pressure in this area is 50psi. These units are built with flow restrictors that can not be removed, but overall the unit works really well. I know the owners and everything is still working very good. It is in their master bath and used everyday.

Bathroom Vanities | Buy Bathroom Vanity Furniture & Cabinets | RGM Distribution

Looks great! And good to hear that you had a satisfied customer. I have to ask my builder what the water pressure is. They may not know yet, because the water isn't on yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating