U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:01 AM

14,195 posts, read 15,274,242 times

Advertisements

good to know some counter depth hold enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 08:31 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,491,399 times
I have a Samsung counter depth side by side with ice and water in the door and the capacity is great. It's black so I don't like how it shows fingerprints and smudges it's better than a stainless but still shows.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:00 PM

99 posts, read 83,149 times
I think I will end up getting a counter depth, KA maybe?, since our old fridge will be put in the basement for overflow.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:01 AM

Anyone have a KA counter depth? If so, do you like it? Any problems with it?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:51 AM

265 posts, read 278,661 times
I have a counter-depth french door KA and love it! Well, I don't love the stainless because it's impossible to maintain, so would recommend anything but stainless in KA. I learned not all stainless is the same and KA's is particularly difficult. My water is very hard and there are stains, water spots, that are impossible to remove. But the fridge is wonderful. It has the interior filtered water dispenser (bought the Architect series one) which I prefer over through-the-door dispensers, and with counter-depth, food doesn't get as lost at the back of the shelves since it's a bit wider and more shallow.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:13 PM

moon2, good to know you like it. I was wondering if there would be enough storage, but you are right about losing things in the back of a standard depth fridge. I don't particularly like any stainless, but I had white and don't want it and I've heard the black shows spots and scratches easily. I've heard KA is one of the better mid priced fridges, plus it has the best warranty and can be easily serviced if need be. If I knew of another brand that was just as good, easily serviced and the stainless was magnetic and easier to clean, I'd consider it, but I may end up with the KA SS.

Can you tell me which model you have? I think there is more than one counter depth. Also, if possible, can you tell me how deep the bottom shelf is? I just want to see if I can fit my biggest casserole dish.
Thanks!

Last edited by Kathy246; 10-14-2014 at 02:59 PM..

Old 10-14-2014, 06:56 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,460,522 times
We just bought a counter depth French door Whirlpool and love it. Plenty of room !!!!

Old 10-14-2014, 10:20 PM

Mawoods, can you tell me what color you got? Did you also get stainless?

Old 10-14-2014, 10:33 PM

265 posts, read 278,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy246 View Post
Can you tell me which model you have? I think there is more than one counter depth. Also, if possible, can you tell me how deep the bottom shelf is? I just want to see if I can fit my biggest casserole dish.
Thanks!
I got mine early 2010 so it's an old model (KBFS20EVMS3) - and smaller than the current 22 cu ft model though nearly identical to it in every other way: 22 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator, Architect® Series II (KFCS22EVMS Stainless Steel) |

Looks the same, and am sure there have been some slight modifications, but it's the same Architect series.

Just measured and the lowest shelf is 13" deep, but the deli tray is 17", and when I have a very large platter I sometimes put it in there.

Honestly, I wish I had gotten the black. It's not possible to be harder to keep clean than the stainless. I've had to let go of my wanting the fridge to look unblemished and just accept the water spots and streaks, but it's hard. Kitchenaid sent me gratis some of their products for cleaning but they didn't help at all -

Old 10-15-2014, 05:58 AM

I would love to get a black fridge, but since I've heard they scratch badly no matter how careful you are and there is nothing you can do about it, I will most likely end up with the stainless, although I've never been fond of it. At least it doesn't scratch.

If anyone knows of a good, reliable CD fridge other than KA that is easy to clean, doesn't scratch(or rust-some ss rust), please let me know. I've heard the fake stainless scratch. Also, it would be great if I could put magnets on it.

I know KA recently made their SS fridges magnetic. Anyone have the newest KA CD that is magnetic? If so, do you find it hard to keep clean?

Last edited by Kathy246; 10-15-2014 at 06:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or