U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:56 PM

13,438 posts, read 51,478,836 times

Advertisements

Here's the "DESIGN" of the building with the balcony pools-

It is supposedly slated for Mumbai- But it's been on paper for at least 3yrs. Im sure it will stay on paper for a while longer.

If it had been slated for Dubai- It would probably be built already. "Selling" a unit would probably be abit different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 10:13 PM

13,576 posts, read 8,372,352 times
Well if its a dream home...

The Dog shower*
hidden room
Balcony
Backyard cabin*
window seat bed
shoe closet
water slide (complete with the indoor swimming pool)
rotating sink
starry lights above the bathtub
porch swing daybed*
mini beach fire pit
fireplace porch
pool that looks like a moving river (lazy river?)
Outdoor kitchen*
swimming pool movie theater
multi shower head system
kitchen wine station
backyard beer dispenser

*what I would want even in a not so dream house.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:37 AM

3,281 posts, read 4,972,083 times
I would love that wine dispenser and I'd like a pool, outdoor TV/screen and outdoor kitchen.

I've already got a shoe closet, although it isn't as elaborate as the one pictured.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:43 AM

3,972 posts, read 4,924,656 times
When we were working on floorplans to build a house a few years back, I had a hidden library in the plans. It would have held all of my books in floor-to-ceiling 2-story glory, and been furnished with only a chair, side table and lamp. That's it. It was to be my oasis of calm in the house. Alas, we opted not to build and just did an addition on the house instead.

I've love to have a movie screen in my backyard and have thought about it since we redid our backyard and cut down several trees to open up the space this summer - we could try setting up the equipment in our shed (which has electricity already wired in) and have the screen stored on the back of the house. Still thinking about it. It wouldn't cost much to do.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:01 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,769,383 times
The only ideas that I like there are the fireplace porch along with the outdoor kitchen and the pool that looks like a river. We are looking into doing a natural swimming pool in our yard, we have plenty of room (2+ acres) and I think its definately a workable option instead of the regular inground pools most people have.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:53 AM

3,555 posts, read 5,393,177 times
polished concrete floors with radiant in-floor heating (heated at least in part by solar)
wooden ceilings
lots of oversized windows (especially on the north side)
large overhangs on the southern side of the house

Honestly my dream house is a fairly moderately sized energy efficient house just with ample windows (where they make sense) and the exact finishes we want. Put that in a location walkable to a lively downtown or mixed entertainment area in a mid-sized US city and I'm set.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:37 AM

4,804 posts, read 4,757,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
polished concrete floors with radiant in-floor heating (heated at least in part by solar)
wooden ceilings
lots of oversized windows (especially on the north side)
large overhangs on the southern side of the house

Honestly my dream house is a fairly moderately sized energy efficient house just with ample windows (where they make sense) and the exact finishes we want. Put that in a location walkable to a lively downtown or mixed entertainment area in a mid-sized US city and I'm set.
That sounds nice! Do you have some cities in mind that fit that description?

Old 10-31-2014, 11:36 AM

15,856 posts, read 26,052,902 times
my dream home would have a screen on the wall, that when Im hungry, (which is all the time), I just type in what I want to eat or drink, the door in the wall slides open and there is my food. I never have to go in a kitchen or ever see a stove, oven, or fridge....

and that is my dream home.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:53 PM

10,780 posts, read 9,416,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
my dream home would have a screen on the wall, that when Im hungry, (which is all the time), I just type in what I want to eat or drink, the door in the wall slides open and there is my food. I never have to go in a kitchen or ever see a stove, oven, or fridge....

and that is my dream home.
Didn't they have that on the Jetsons?

Old 10-31-2014, 03:07 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,205,957 times
I'd go for:
Hydroponic Garden
Built in Starry Lights
Porch swing daybed or chaise
fireplace porch
pool like moving river
outdoor kitchen
multi-shower heads
fireplace next to bathtub
kitchen wine station
backyard beer dispenser

those could be start of my dream house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or