U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 02:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,090 times

Advertisements

Hey all! I was wondering whether you could help me find any of the below paintings at reasonable prices? Or perhaps something very similar.

[url=http://www.houzz.com/photos/9055255/Oil-on-Canvas-3-2014-72inx72in-contemporary-originals-and-limited-editions]Oil on Canvas #3-2014 72inx72in - Contemporary - Originals And Limited Editions - by Spencer Rogers[/url]

[url]http://cdn.home-designing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/6-Gray-sofa.jpg[/url]

Thanks!

Maria
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for an Abstract Painting for living room-art1.jpg   Searching for an Abstract Painting for living room-art2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 03:29 AM

41,412 posts, read 59,774,677 times
Contemporary paintings
http://goo.gl/HMnmBH
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio,
Tallahassee, Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 11-07-2014 at 03:50 AM..

Old 11-07-2014, 05:02 PM

39,184 posts, read 48,160,480 times
You do not need to find these paintings. Just go to art.com and plug in the sizes you want, and pick what you love. Art should be something that resonates with you.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:41 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,150,958 times
I was going to say what gentlearts did! Just find what you really like on art.com and then pay for the size you can afford.

If that is more than you want to pay, start trawling thrift and second hand stores or yard sales.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:49 PM

48,509 posts, read 86,204,346 times
I believe Amazon sells paintings and prints. Look for a places that local artist sell at .Often its at civic center artist event and flea markets.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:50 PM

25,466 posts, read 16,415,619 times
I like to look at art at art fairs. If you find an artist who does work you like, you might be able to visit his/her studio to see more things. I like to buy actual art from the artist. Sometimes artists sell prints of their works, although these are usually smaller than the originals.

When you buy from the artist, you are supporting a person, not a large retailer.

Sometimes it takes a long time to find the right thing. And, when you do, finding it is so sweet.

Art is not cheap, unfortunately. But it is handmade.

I also like visiting art galleries, but their prices are usually out of my reach. (Not always though.)

and you can try Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/search/handmade...abstract?q=art

Old 11-10-2014, 08:31 PM

6 posts, read 6,028 times
Canvas paintings are really elegant and added appeal to my once empty room. By choosing the right canvas that can blend in your room and at the same time best represent your personality can put a glow on your personal space.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:05 PM

10,780 posts, read 9,416,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I like to look at art at art fairs. If you find an artist who does work you like, you might be able to visit his/her studio to see more things. I like to buy actual art from the artist. Sometimes artists sell prints of their works, although these are usually smaller than the originals.

When you buy from the artist, you are supporting a person, not a large retailer.

Sometimes it takes a long time to find the right thing. And, when you do, finding it is so sweet.

Art is not cheap, unfortunately. But it is handmade.

I also like visiting art galleries, but their prices are usually out of my reach. (Not always though.)

and you can try Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/search/handmade...abstract?q=art
Agree. Please support your local artists and shop for your art locally. Not only can you get an original instead of something mass produced, but you're doing good things for your local art community.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:27 PM

4,881 posts, read 5,084,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria00015 View Post
Hey all! I was wondering whether you could help me find any of the below paintings at reasonable prices? Or perhaps something very similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Agree. Please support your local artists and shop for your art locally. Not only can you get an original instead of something mass produced, but you're doing good things for your local art community.
^^^great advice southbel. There are so many places where someone can buy a beautiful piece of
artwork without a high price. Another option for the OP is also fiber and mixed media pieces.
There must be art centers, colleges/universities & galleries near the OP's area. If you see a piece
in a gallery, a good idea is to contact the artist in person. By doing that, you can save some
money since the artist could charge less since he or she wouldn't have to give a portion of the
the price to the gallery. Art examples;

contemporary fiber artist
San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles

mixed media
Eghoartculture | Contemporary/Modern paintings, Abstract Paintings, Mixed media Paintings, Experimental Art, Colourful Paintings, Customized African Fashion,Sketches,Photo Stories……… | Page 18

and believe it or not here are a few examples of high school student artwork. Buying a piece from
them or even a college student would make their day.

http://www.wcpss.net/blog/wp-content...rtwork_600.jpg

The Best Art Teacher Blogs: Inspiration for High School Students

Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 AM

3,281 posts, read 4,972,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I agree! I love Etsy for that reason. The person may not always be local to me, but I can buy something made in the USA and made by an individual artist who is trying to make a living. Much more satisfying than anything mass produced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating