U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:46 PM

39,178 posts, read 48,151,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That is really nice. Do you have a link to the place I can buy it? I am searching on homedecorators.com, but there are so many rugs to go through.
I'm a little techno challenged, but just go to homedecorators.com, click on rugs, and put Balcony in the search box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 04:20 PM

80 posts, read 89,487 times
I would just do a very plain seagrass/jute or light neutral single color rug.

You've already got a lot going on in that little room and it needs harmonizing, not further diversification.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:41 AM

13,121 posts, read 11,026,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzakura View Post
I would just do a very plain seagrass/jute or light neutral single color rug.

You've already got a lot going on in that little room and it needs harmonizing, not further diversification.
I have been looking at a lot of rugs, and I completely agree. When I visualize the ones with patterns, they just seem like too much, so I am going to go with solid. But I am not a big fan of the jute style rugs. I was looking at some solid gray rugs that seem like they might work. There is one I like that is dark gray and thick, almost shag, but not quite.

Is that something that you think would work? Or should I stick with lighter gray or beige?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 AM

5,223 posts, read 8,044,976 times
It's a cool room. I would definitely play up the symmetry of the shape and ceiling detailing with lighting and a balanced, extensive art display. Keep it a little bit formal but very comfortable and welcoming, which sounds contradictory but absolutely can be done.

You're lucky to have a great foundation to work with.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:59 PM

Does this one work? Safavieh Hand-woven Serenity Marble/ Grey Sisal Rug (8' Square) - Overstock™ Shopping - Great Deals on Safavieh Round/Oval/Square

Its square, like the room, and the gray border would align pretty well with the tray ceiling.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,455,178 times
I would not pick that rug for a number of reasons. Again, this is only my viewpoint, but I don't think it goes with the overall feel of the room. While I would agree that I would not like a crazy pattern I do think it needs a little oomph, perhaps a sculpted tone on tone. To me the room has a somewhat romantic feel, and that rug says office to me. It is difficult to judge the colors on the walls but if you take a look at the picture you posted, look at how almost all the pillows on the couch give it a "pop".

Old 11-25-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I would not pick that rug for a number of reasons. Again, this is only my viewpoint, but I don't think it goes with the overall feel of the room. While I would agree that I would not like a crazy pattern I do think it needs a little oomph, perhaps a sculpted tone on tone. To me the room has a somewhat romantic feel, and that rug says office to me. It is difficult to judge the colors on the walls but if you take a look at the picture you posted, look at how almost all the pillows on the couch give it a "pop".
I was originally looking at these 2, the colors work for me, but I thought they would be to "busy".

Herat Oriental Persian Indo Hand-tufted Tabriz Grey/ Beige (8' x 10') - Overstockā„¢ Shopping - Great Deals on Herat Oriental 7x9 - 10x14 Rugs

Herat Oriental Persian Indo Hand-tufted Tabriz Grey/ Brown (8' x 10') - Overstockā„¢ Shopping - Great Deals on Herat Oriental 7x9 - 10x14 Rugs

Old 11-26-2014, 09:07 AM

3,281 posts, read 4,971,324 times
If it were my room I would look for something more tone on tone. I don't know if this color is really right given the color of the coffee table, but this is close to the style I'm picturing:

nuLOOM Handmade Neutrals and Textures Damask Sand Wool Rug (8' x 10') - Overstock™ Shopping - Great Deals on Nuloom 7x9 - 10x14 Rugs

Old 11-26-2014, 12:15 PM

I do not see either of these in your room. They seem a bit too traditional, although they're classic and you could do worse. I don't like the sisal idea either, as its a bit bland, and hard looking. Also, you can't get those natural fiber rugs wet, so you can't clean them.
Nikitakolata's suggestion has a pattern that echoes the pattern in your drapes.

Don't forget, you can always order the smallest size of any rug to actually see it in your room, and its not so hard to send back.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:37 PM

www.homedecorators.com/P/Balcony-Rug/30/310/I remain adamant for my previous suggestion. I think you need some zip in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating