U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 07:15 PM

1,897 posts, read 6,334,505 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever used the newer Luxury Vinyl Flooring tiles? Specifically the interlocking tiles, similar to Pergo. They can resemble wood or stone. What do you think of them and if you have used them, would you recommend them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 07:53 PM

6 posts, read 6,024 times
Luxury Vinyl Flooring looks great and very suitable for indoor flooring. It can hold up to heavy furniture as well which is great. Just avoid using them outdoors for they might get bad after a couple of years.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 AM

13,397 posts, read 51,398,047 times
"Luxury Vinyl Flooring" is an oxymoron.

Enough said.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:35 PM

5,063 posts, read 14,856,870 times
Here's my post about my LVT. And here is my post including pictures.

I found out after reading the maintenance paperwork on the flooring that I cannot use rubber or latex backed rugs on my flooring or it might yellow my flooring. Called the manufacturer & they said to look for rugs that were labeled "safe for vinyl flooring." Oh joy. Now I have to not only find the right size & color of rugs, now I need to find out if they'll damage my floor. ARRRRRGHH! I was going to put some rubber coaster type protectors under my washing machine and dryer feet to protect my new LVP flooring from indentation from the appliances. But nope, can't do that either.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:52 PM

12,554 posts, read 7,624,002 times
I actually like vinyl tiles better than real tile. My legs get sore after about 30 minutes of standing on tile.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:07 PM

20,521 posts, read 27,030,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
Has anyone ever used the newer Luxury Vinyl Flooring tiles? Specifically the interlocking tiles, similar to Pergo. They can resemble wood or stone. What do you think of them and if you have used them, would you recommend them?
I have not used it but I just saw the newer version of the versalock vinyl planks by Shaw. They come with their own backing and they click and lock together like a laminate flooring but they are water resistance and won't warp and buckle like laminate can from moisture or humidity. It is a floating floor and very easy to install.

I am a fan of vinyl for the durability and ease of maintenance but sadly vinyl has the same negative connotations as trailer and it is a hard sell.

If I "knew" for sure I was going to stay in my house for more than 5 years or so I would go vinyl.

This is the one I thought was pretty cool:
Floating Array Vinyl Plank Installation | Shaw Flooring

https://shaw.app.box.com/versalock-install
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or