U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 10:54 AM

15,856 posts, read 26,052,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I love decorating for fall (well, I love decorating for every season - well, I love decorating!).

One of the most fun things I've done recently is make a Halloween tree. I found a metal tree frame at Pier 1 and then I scoured through our family photos over the years and found a picture of each family member wearing a costume, framed them in little frames and hung them on the tree. This has become a family favorite over the past few years. It's super easy to do and SO CUTE.

While I was doing that, I went ahead and printed lots of fall pictures out - Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall leaves, trips during that time of year, etc. and I put them in a cute photo album. I put this album out with my fall decorations too. It's got a pumpkin on the front and begs to be opened.

Hey, I have those fall "felt leaves "on my table also, did you copy me!! LOL.
I have the brown and gold ones, with a basket thing in the middle with little pumpkins .

We are doing pumpkin painting this weekend, (gotta keep the kids happy) ( well, maybe the adults too) even though I think it is a little late.

Our friend has all the supplies and I bought black beads with long pins to really be creative. I hope my idea fans out well.
That is a great idea the halloween tree, love it !

the front of you house looks very pretty!!

trick or treat !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 09:26 AM

50,730 posts, read 40,119,236 times
Thank you! I just took down the two fall foliage thingies on either side of the door and hung up two scary ghost thingies.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:48 AM

33,117 posts, read 62,006,885 times
I put a pumpkin on the front porch. It will stay there until a few days before Thanksgiving, when I will bring it into the kitchen and turn it into a pie.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:45 AM

3,408 posts, read 4,732,871 times
I took down my deck and all the summer fun stuff. But I left two pink flamingos stuck in my two herb railing planters. They look like they are hold court over the deck. LOL

Have to get my lights up for the winter on the big gazebo and pergola and the winter decor. I don't bother much for fall decorations because when the snow hits that's it.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:39 AM

914 posts, read 832,987 times
I dislike holiday decor, but I'm married to "Clark Griswald," so there's always some holiday decor to cheer up the neighbors.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:24 AM

5,444 posts, read 5,184,606 times
Here is my house right now. On Halloween night, we will set up a few strobe lights around the tombstones along with a fog machine on the front porch. It should be a good time!!
Attached Thumbnails
Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-pic1.jpg  

Old 10-27-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Here is my house right now. On Halloween night, we will set up a few strobe lights around the tombstones along with a fog machine on the front porch. It should be a good time!!
Sweet! I like your way of thinking!

We've got our Thanksgiving playlist compiled and I'm going to blast that out the front window. Now you've got me wanting a fog machine. I just added a vulture and a ghost in chains dangling on either side of my front door - LOL.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sweet! I like your way of thinking!

We've got our Thanksgiving playlist compiled and I'm going to blast that out the front window. Now you've got me wanting a fog machine. I just added a vulture and a ghost in chains dangling on either side of my front door - LOL.
Oh, I forgot to mention the music. We have a Bluetooth radio which we will put inside one of the windows and then we will play all kinds of scary noises and possibly some Halloween themed songs like Thriller, etc. We usually get a hundred or so kids come by, so we will be busy.

Here was the fog machine we bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s01

We tried it out when we first got it and it puts out a good amount of fog.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention the music. We have a Bluetooth radio which we will put inside one of the windows and then we will play all kinds of scary noises and possibly some Halloween themed songs like Thriller, etc. We usually get a hundred or so kids come by, so we will be busy.

Here was the fog machine we bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s01

We tried it out when we first got it and it puts out a good amount of fog.
Thank you! I am stoked about Halloween music. I put a playlist together of about 50 songs and I've been listening to it for a week now. I can't wait to blast it while the kids come around! I am really hoping it doesn't rain.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:19 PM

So, now that Halloween has come and gone, who is going all out for Christmas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or