Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 05:09 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thought I'd share a few more pictures.

I took this picture the other night - what's on TV is the James Taylor Christmas channel on Pandora (my favorite!). I was chilling on the sofa with candles lit and music playing. I love Christmas!

The second picture is of our holiday table setting - we had a big holiday dinner because some key family members are going to be "missing" on Christmas and we wanted to share a big holiday meal together. I love the dishes - they are a family heirloom, as well as the silver.

I love what you have done with your place! Please keep sharing your pictures, I love them all!!

THANK YOU!! Great thread!

Last edited by countrylv22; 12-22-2015 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 to ALL!:):):)CHEERS & BLESSINGS GOING YOUR WAY!!:):)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 05:17 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
I love what you have done with your place! Please keep sharing your pictures, I love them all!!

THANK YOU!! Great thread!
Awww, thank you so much,countrylv!

I love tinkering around the house with doodads. LOL

Old 12-22-2015, 09:16 PM

Well, I'm going to be so busy the next few days I figured I would go ahead and set the tables for Christmas dinner. Since we're having a big German spread, I decided to use the Polish pottery that we bought when we lived in Germany. I think it turned out festive and I even like the kids' table!

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:16 AM..

Old 12-23-2015, 01:42 PM

163 posts, read 144,146 times
We love to decorate! Here's some of ours! Merry Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails
Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-img_2236-x2.jpg   Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-img_2239-x2.jpg   Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-img_2240-x2.jpg   Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-img_2258-x2.jpg  

Old 12-23-2015, 09:01 PM

18,461 posts, read 31,613,667 times
Quote:
Thank you so much~!

I sure do have a cuckoo clock and I love it! My grandkids do, too - they stand around and wait for it to "go off." We got it in Germany. We don't care if it's tacky - LOL.

you are too funny.

NO!!!, it isn't tacky at all, it is fun. Because if I came over, I'd be waiting for it to come out also, (hey can't take the little boy out of a man)

also, the tablecloth you have, the reddish printed one, is simply gorgeous!

PS: like another poster stated, we all enjoyed very much your thread on your new house, shame we all got in trouble for digressing and talking about your backyard...., but hey, to me in my mind, that was still part of your house.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:07 PM

18,461 posts, read 31,613,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveSpringNewb View Post
We love to decorate! Here's some of ours! Merry Christmas!

yours looks very pretty also!!!!

Old 12-24-2015, 08:24 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,350,616 times
Quote:
Well, I'm going to be so busy the next few days I figured I would go ahead and set the tables for Christmas dinner. Since we're having a big German spread, I decided to use the Polish pottery that we bought when we lived in Germany. I think it turned out festive and I even like the kids' table!
KA you are just too much! Kudos for having the patience that I clearly lack to ever set-up a table this way. It looks nice and look forward to my Christmas dinner at your house.

My parents have a VERY tiny house and my mom somehow manages to cover almost every square inch of the living room in Christmas stuff.

I hate cooking but since I somehow managed to snag a few days off from work (shockingly), I am going to actually BAKE something. I'm sure everyone will be surprised because I am far from domestic. (Just to be clear---no, not baking from scratch, let's not go too far!) I also cut off more than a foot of my hair so I'm sure people at work will say, "WHOA" when I return. This is my sixth time donating my hair and every year I say, "That's it! I'm too old to grow my hair out and look like a hippie!" But then I get lazy and don't cut my hair. So you can see why I don't get a lot of other things done---but as far as my table goes, I have a Christmas table runner and the same candles I usually have, except I used some of the pieces of the tree that broke off/were cut off to sort of decorate that.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
KA you are just too much! Kudos for having the patience that I clearly lack to ever set-up a table this way. It looks nice and look forward to my Christmas dinner at your house.

My parents have a VERY tiny house and my mom somehow manages to cover almost every square inch of the living room in Christmas stuff.

I hate cooking but since I somehow managed to snag a few days off from work (shockingly), I am going to actually BAKE something. I'm sure everyone will be surprised because I am far from domestic. (Just to be clear---no, not baking from scratch, let's not go too far!) I also cut off more than a foot of my hair so I'm sure people at work will say, "WHOA" when I return. This is my sixth time donating my hair and every year I say, "That's it! I'm too old to grow my hair out and look like a hippie!" But then I get lazy and don't cut my hair. So you can see why I don't get a lot of other things done---but as far as my table goes, I have a Christmas table runner and the same candles I usually have, except I used some of the pieces of the tree that broke off/were cut off to sort of decorate that.
Awwww, thank you - and thank you for donating your hair too. What a great gift that is to someone out there.

I am sure your Christmas and your cooking is going to be wonderful! You've done a lot of work on your place this year - time to sit back and enjoy it with people you love!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-26-2015, 04:51 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,350,616 times
Quote:
Awwww, thank you - and thank you for donating your hair too. What a great gift that is to someone out there.

I am sure your Christmas and your cooking is going to be wonderful! You've done a lot of work on your place this year - time to sit back and enjoy it with people you love!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed yours as well.

I actually slept a lot of the day, but that's because I work nights and my body has a hard time adjusting.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:36 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,986,300 times
I meant to post this earlier in the season. Here is my tree, house, and my ticked off cats (they really did not like their festive attire). BTW, the pics are off my phone and they royally suck.
Attached Thumbnails
Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-house1.jpg   Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-tree1.jpg   Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-cats1.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating