U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:19 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,547,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I meant to post this earlier in the season. Here is my tree, house, and my ticked off cats (they really did not like their festive attire). BTW, the pics are off my phone and they royally suck.

Beautiful kitties-even though they were a bit ticked off.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 07:17 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,116,287 times
Quote:
I meant to post this earlier in the season. Here is my tree, house, and my ticked off cats (they really did not like their festive attire). BTW, the pics are off my phone and they royally suck.
Those cats!

Old 12-30-2015, 07:38 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,583,035 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMH4xmOeKxc

Old 12-31-2015, 08:33 PM

2,454 posts, read 2,776,037 times
Very nice! And weren't we lucky in Denver to have a white Christmas? Sets off your outside lighting nicely!

Old 01-02-2016, 05:22 PM

163 posts, read 93,601 times
Thanks so much night crawler! Happy new year to all!

Old 01-03-2016, 01:59 PM

50,493 posts, read 39,989,700 times
Quote:
Hahahahaha! Your house is charming but your cats steal all the thunder!

Old 01-07-2016, 03:25 PM

25,408 posts, read 16,367,112 times
I got a laugh over the unhappy cats!

Ok, you guys, any ideas about winter decor? I've hit a dead end with my fireplace mantel. I finally just got an antique stoneware punch bowl and piled it with glitter balls. I added more glitter balls around it, along with the natural stones I always have on the mantel. It is very simple, and it isn't the best look I've ever had.

For the entry table, it is just a vintage bread bowl with moss balls and pinecones piled in it.

I need some inspiration! What are you guys doing?

Old 01-07-2016, 05:37 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,766,748 times
Now the decorations are down the house looks dull. Maybe time to share some ideas on keeping it interesting in the winter months are needed?

I replaced cranberries and epsom salts in my hurricanes with coffee beans and predictably corks what else to use to change it up a bit ???

Old 01-07-2016, 05:49 PM

33,089 posts, read 61,955,633 times
Good question. I always eat all the cranberries.

Someone on a Fiesta Facebook page I visit decorated with accessories -- and of course Fiesta -- in citrus colors. Citrus is in season right now, so it looked very cheery and sunny.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 AM

50,493 posts, read 39,989,700 times
I always go with a more sparse, quiet look after the holidays. I keep my "winter woods" stuff out - pine cones, bare branches, birch logs. I take out all the glitter in the living room and I display candles instead of stuff like my usual carnival glass. I take out all my cobalt blue and orange accessories and pillows and replace them with moss green and brown and winter white stuff.

The exception is my dining room (separate from my living room - it's a separate room altogether). In there I hang Mardi Gras beads from the chandelier and I have a big glass bowl in the center of the table that I fill with Mardi Gras beads too. My front door and porch has Mardi Gras decorations going on (wreath on door and beads hung from the light fixtures, Mardi Gras door mat).

That's how we roll around here till Easter. In the spring I add back the cobalt blue but not the orange stuff.

I have two distinctly different pieces of art that are a sort of focal point in my living room - one is a bare tree done in moss green, brown and winter white. That's my "cold weather" art. The other is a very colorful painting with lots of trees, a small stream with a blue boat in it, lots of orange and blue and deep green and bright green I hang that up from about the end of April through Thanksgiving and then I have the "winter" picture up from Thanksgiving through March. I also change out the lamps because my "warm weather" lamps are colorful and have orange shades. During the cooler months, I change those out to two lamps with brown bases and ivory shades.

We have a brown leather sofa so it's easy to switch out the pillows - browns, greens and white in the winter and blues, greens and oranges in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or