U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:46 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,771,493 times

Advertisements

latest update: took me 2 hours just sort through the totes of 'stuff' .... I'm either going to have to invest in more totes or drop some off at the thrift store, sooo much stuff !!!

Anyhoo, got the deer on the wall and he needs a nose. He looks under dressed without it :\
Attached Thumbnails
Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-img_0124.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 06:33 PM

50,938 posts, read 40,228,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
latest update: took me 2 hours just sort through the totes of 'stuff' .... I'm either going to have to invest in more totes or drop some off at the thrift store, sooo much stuff !!!

Anyhoo, got the deer on the wall and he needs a nose. He looks under dressed without it :\
I LOVE your mantel! And you're right about the deer nose! Red ball, perhaps?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 AM

14,835 posts, read 506,104 times
Christmas is So's project. My only request - gold or clear glass only but for a growing collection of Hallmark scale plane ornaments.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:57 PM

5,284 posts, read 18,330,911 times
Fun thread. I've been decorating for days - I get tired and even though the Christmas bins are organized, I find the whole Christmas decorating experience very tiring and well, too long. Maybe it is my age and the fact that I have many other projects/demands on my time...but we have two big parties this month - one is Monday - 30 people for dinner (they bring the appetizers and desserts and I do the rest (husband is great about helping with anything)...so the decorating is 99% finished - yeah! I still have to do something with the dining room table - it is going to be simple....will post pictures when I can - I love seeing everyone's beautiful decorations.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:03 PM

33,153 posts, read 62,051,403 times
I slung some Christmas dishtowels over the stove handle today, swapped Christmas paper napkins for the plain white ones, and threw a red snowflake cloth onto the kitchen table.

Voila, kitchen is decorated.

Struggling over where to hang the lighted chile pepper wreath. LOL

Old 12-04-2014, 08:46 PM

4,675 posts, read 8,126,422 times
I decided to be daring and set up my vintage nativity set. First I put it on top of a short bookcase in the living room. Er..........that attracted too much feline attention.

Since I put the whole set on a tea tray, I moved it all to underneath the tree. Still attracted feline attraction.............but...................

it wasn't the set at all they were attracted to............

it was the timothy hay I put in!

Out came the hay........and now all 5 are ignoring the nativity set......and the tree!

Old 12-05-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I slung some Christmas dishtowels over the stove handle today, swapped Christmas paper napkins for the plain white ones, and threw a red snowflake cloth onto the kitchen table.

Voila, kitchen is decorated.

Struggling over where to hang the lighted chile pepper wreath. LOL
Now I want one of those.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
I decided to be daring and set up my vintage nativity set. First I put it on top of a short bookcase in the living room. Er..........that attracted too much feline attention.

Since I put the whole set on a tea tray, I moved it all to underneath the tree. Still attracted feline attraction.............but...................

it wasn't the set at all they were attracted to............

it was the timothy hay I put in!

Out came the hay........and now all 5 are ignoring the nativity set......and the tree!
Hahahaha!

My cat is being weird about our tree now, which is strange because he's ten years old and has literally never even seemed to notice the tree. Now suddenly this year, he's started hanging out at the back of it under the branches and behind the gift boxes. He's not messing with any ornaments - he's just decided that's where he wants to sleep most of the day.

Cats are weirdos.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:33 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,771,493 times
Pinterest has a lot to answer for, change of lampshade needed methinks too.
Attached Thumbnails
Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-img_0128.jpg  

Old 12-05-2014, 04:52 PM

7,354 posts, read 5,816,532 times
A friend of mine just posted a picture of her tree. She did it ombre style. It is beautiful!! White ornaments, then red, green, bottom is purple. Different types of ornaments, but same color family in each group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or