U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 06:25 PM

4,675 posts, read 8,119,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
A friend of mine just posted a picture of her tree. She did it ombre style. It is beautiful!! White ornaments, then red, green, bottom is purple. Different types of ornaments, but same color family in each group.
One of my friends did that when we were in junio high school.... started with the lights first... we had to move all the bulbs.........then the ornaments.

Well.........the next morning she woke up find that her older brother had changed the tree to mixed as usual overnight. Ooo... she was furious! It was her year to decorate the tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 11:00 PM

13,579 posts, read 8,372,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
A friend of mine just posted a picture of her tree. She did it ombre style. It is beautiful!! White ornaments, then red, green, bottom is purple. Different types of ornaments, but same color family in each group.
I saw a tree like that on Pinterest, except they had all the colors of the rainbows. As soon as I have the room for a second tree I'm going to get the ornaments to do a tree like that. All my Christmas decorations now are Red, white, silver, and wooden, so I wouldn't want to buy all new decorations to go with the new rainbow tree theme, but it just looks so neat.

http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/wp-co...3-687x1024.jpg

Old 12-06-2014, 08:58 AM

11,015 posts, read 8,563,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Pinterest has a lot to answer for, change of lampshade needed methinks too.
Yep, that's a fail. But the creator apparently enjoys it and that's all that matters.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:25 AM

2,292 posts, read 2,769,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yep, that's a fail. But the creator apparently enjoys it and that's all that matters.
In this case I'm the creator, this year I'm trying to steer away from faux greenery and go for the sparkles and I like the way its turning out it just needs some fine tuning. I'm out shopping for red shades today or if that fails HL has self adhesive shades that I can cover myself.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:26 AM

11,015 posts, read 8,563,249 times
Quote:
In this case I'm the creator, this year I'm trying to steer away from faux greenery and go for the sparkles and I like the way its turning out it just needs some fine tuning. I'm out shopping for red shades today or if that fails HL has self adhesive shades that I can cover myself.
I agree, red shades would transform it.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:51 PM

8,571 posts, read 11,459,328 times
Quote:
Pinterest has a lot to answer for, change of lampshade needed methinks too.
I vote to change the shades too, or if you are crafty just cover the shade with Christmas fabric and then buy new for year round.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:30 PM

4,675 posts, read 8,119,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I vote to change the shades too, or if you are crafty just cover the shade with Christmas fabric and then buy new for year round.
I may be possible just to hold the cover fabric temporarily with basting glue until the end of the holidays.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:04 PM

33,117 posts, read 62,006,885 times
Got my little tree today - a 5-foot balsa fir. It's cooling its heels in a bucket of water in the mud room until I can clear a space for it in the living room. This is the part of Christmas decorating I don't like, LOL - the cleaning.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:46 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,769,383 times
Cut a nice blue spruce yesterday and bought it inside yesterday evening, (which turned out to be a good decision as it snowed all day today). Got the lights on and half a length of garland before I cut my foot on a broken light bulb. Blood everywhere, first aid administered, foot elevated and now sitting with a nice glass of whiskey.

Tree 1 - Jan 0 ... round 2 commences tomorrow

Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 AM

33,117 posts, read 62,006,885 times
I love blue spruce for a Christmas tree - my parents always had one when I was young. $$$$$, though!

Hope your foot is better today ...

I had a similar contest during my decorating yesterday - Dining room floor 1, shepherd from nativity set, 0. A little glue and he's fine, although he'll tilt to the right for the rest of his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or