U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 AM

2,292 posts, read 2,768,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I love blue spruce for a Christmas tree - my parents always had one when I was young. $$$$$, though!

Hope your foot is better today ...

I had a similar contest during my decorating yesterday - Dining room floor 1, shepherd from nativity set, 0. A little glue and he's fine, although he'll tilt to the right for the rest of his life.
We cut ours from a friends tree lot, years ago her father had the great idea to plant an acre of trees to sell as Christmas trees then lost interest, they sell them now to family and friends for $20 tree, of course you find it and you cut it but thats half the fun.
Have to say its the prickliest tree I've ever had and is resisting all attempts to decorate it so far.

Foot sore but better today, the look on hubbys face when he saw all that blood was priceless, I'm so proud he didn't faint and he passed the vampire test too !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 02:15 PM

8,564 posts, read 11,455,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I love blue spruce for a Christmas tree - my parents always had one when I was young. $$$$$, though!

Hope your foot is better today ...

I had a similar contest during my decorating yesterday - Dining room floor 1, shepherd from nativity set, 0. A little glue and he's fine, although he'll tilt to the right for the rest of his life.

Just tell everyone he is looking for a really tiny sheep, so he is leaning over.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:04 PM

50,690 posts, read 40,098,064 times
Love the ideas and mental images on this very happy holiday thread!

Old 12-10-2014, 04:17 PM

39,179 posts, read 48,151,698 times
I have become more minimal in my Christmas decorations since we downsized and moved away from family. Most Christmases lately have been just the 2 of us. Not only that, but in a warm climate, I find that it is harder to get in the mood.
This year, however, I'm thrilled that the kids and grandkids will be here. When I went to drag out all the Christmas decorations to deck my halls, I found them to be a bit lacking, and I used to have a house that was twice as big. I will definitely try to boost the wow factor with the after Christmas sales, but no way am I spending $100. for a decent looking wreath, etc. I'd rather spend the money on other things.
I remember when I routinely went all out for decorations. Every year I spent a lot of money on new things, and yet, the following year, I still felt like I needed to spend a lot on new things. Its kind of strange. I guess I need to take pictures, so I remember what I did?
Kathryn..I feel your pain. Why does an unconvincing bunch of plastic cost so much? I would buy only real greenery, but here it is too hot and it looks like crap well before Christmas. I would never have a fake tree, though.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:36 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,592,417 times
I put some sticky things on my mirror and my husband put up some door wrap, which uhhh he didn't do too well.

Probably most things to be done this weekend, even though I have a final to study for---blah. My fault for being the perpetual student.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:31 PM

33,105 posts, read 61,998,381 times
Tree is up and decorated. It's a tad crooked, but it's up and decorated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This year, however, I'm thrilled that the kids and grandkids will be here.
How wonderful for you. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-11-2014, 09:11 PM

108 posts, read 92,909 times
on my side everything is going on lavish. Guess what I have a very enthusiastic girl of eight and she wants everything that fancy her mind for the Christmas decorations. I tried to convince her about using the same things from the last year and then see what we need more. But every time she goes out she wants some more.
So we are going to have a very over decorative Christmas this year.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:10 AM

50,690 posts, read 40,098,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulmeena View Post
on my side everything is going on lavish. Guess what I have a very enthusiastic girl of eight and she wants everything that fancy her mind for the Christmas decorations. I tried to convince her about using the same things from the last year and then see what we need more. But every time she goes out she wants some more.
So we are going to have a very over decorative Christmas this year.
You must post photos!

Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 PM

6,487 posts, read 10,278,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I put some sticky things on my mirror and my husband put up some door wrap, which uhhh he didn't do too well.
Oh my... you just gave me a wonderful idea for my patio wall that faces the street. Thank you! I think I'll wrap up a piece of foam core board in Christmas wrap and a huge red bow, thne attach it to the wood framing in the wall, right smack in the center, then run lights alone the top of the wall to illuminate the "gift" at night. Simple, cheap, and I'm no longer the big black spot in the middle of the cul-de-sac.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:11 PM

12 posts, read 7,770 times
just for inspired design. for couple room you can decorate like this :
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...49ea8f5a56.jpg

for living room :
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...9115e06112.jpg

for dining room :
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...a31c4d5547.jpg

hope that work for u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or