Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,590,551 times

Advertisements

Not really for Halloween particularly, but one of my neighbors has the skeletons out. I put a few pumpkins on the porch this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Holiday decorations - share your ideas, questions, and opinions!-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 05:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,041,229 times
I hang a witch's hat on the door, and carve a Jack O Lantern. I think I have a fake pumpkin that plugs in, that I can put out. And I like having the mini pumpkins and gourds around the house. I don't go all out for Halloween though. It doesn't excite me like it does some people. i do enjoy the trick or treaters though.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:48 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
I love decorating for fall (well, I love decorating for every season - well, I love decorating!).

One of the most fun things I've done recently is make a Halloween tree. I found a metal tree frame at Pier 1 and then I scoured through our family photos over the years and found a picture of each family member wearing a costume, framed them in little frames and hung them on the tree. This has become a family favorite over the past few years. It's super easy to do and SO CUTE.

While I was doing that, I went ahead and printed lots of fall pictures out - Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall leaves, trips during that time of year, etc. and I put them in a cute photo album. I put this album out with my fall decorations too. It's got a pumpkin on the front and begs to be opened.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:16 AM..

Old 10-14-2015, 09:43 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,590,551 times
Kathryn, you are impressively decorated for fall! I love the tree with all the photos, and what cute frames. Everything is very cosy-looking. Great job!

Old 10-14-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I love decorating for fall (well, I love decorating for every season - well, I love decorating!).

One of the most fun things I've done recently is make a Halloween tree. I found a metal tree frame at Pier 1 and then I scoured through our family photos over the years and found a picture of each family member wearing a costume, framed them in little frames and hung them on the tree. This has become a family favorite over the past few years. It's super easy to do and SO CUTE.

While I was doing that, I went ahead and printed lots of fall pictures out - Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall leaves, trips during that time of year, etc. and I put them in a cute photo album. I put this album out with my fall decorations too. It's got a pumpkin on the front and begs to be opened.
Those are some nice vignettes, KA.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:16 PM

Thank you, Silibran! I just did a bit more decorating for Halloween since my grandkids will be coming over and our neighborhood is HUGE on Halloween! I also finished buying stuff for my pirate costume! I found this fabulous suedey velvety long jacket at a thrift shop and this fantastic carnival mask at Hobby Lobby! Of course that gave me the idea of a masked ball, and if I'm going to a masked ball I'd rather go as a pirate than in one of those big ridiculous dresses with the tall hair! So I also ordered a big, velvet pirate-ish hat and Three Musketeer type boots and got a really lacy blouse to wear under it all - WOOHOO. Yes, I'm going as a boy pirate - or maybe a woman dressed as a pirate for a fancy dress ball, who knows? Anyway, I bought some gold buttons, gold braid, gold coins and that sort of thing and I'm about to pimp out that velvet jacket!

Woohoo!

The big spider hanging on the door drops suddenly at loud noises - LOL!

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:16 AM..

Old 10-18-2015, 07:36 PM

I like the sign on your front door. Very clever. Your decorations are great. I imagine kids like coming to your house.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I like the sign on your front door. Very clever. Your decorations are great. I imagine kids like coming to your house.
We get TONS of trick or treaters in our neighborhood! I would be remiss if I didn't decorate the porch - LOL!

I have my Halloween playlist ready to blast from a window during trick or treating as well - WOOHOO!!!

Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 PM

50,178 posts, read 63,623,198 times
My friend, Kay, is so talented. She sent me these pictures from her house. I am ashamed of my pitiful Fall decorations, so I'll post hers. She and I both are crazy over those luminaire candles, so all those flames you see aren't real.

Kathryn...yours are awesome too!

Last edited by gentlearts; 12-24-2020 at 07:06 AM..

Old 10-20-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My friend, Kay, is so talented. She sent me these pictures from her house. I am ashamed of my pitiful Fall decorations, so I'll post hers. She and I both are crazy over those luminaire candles, so all those flames you see aren't real.

Kathryn...yours are awesome too!
Thank you!

Kudos to your friend - her house looks great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating