Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 04:05 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
This past weekend we picked up our tree. The apartment smells great. I was off on Tuesday night and we played Christmas music, drank beer and decorated it. Then I took a nap and woke up at around 2 AM. Wrapped a bunch of presents. Dusted off the entertainment center and put the stockings up. The other day I had some 3-D sticker things and put them outside of my apartment door. I just put the rest up on the hideous floor-to-ceiling mirrors in the LR. There's a big snowflake on the apartment door and some other sticky things on the entryway mirror.

Oh right and we put our pretty table runner on the table. We still have a lot of crap in the LR, which annoys me, but BAH.

We might put up some more lights in the windows. No one will actually see them but .
sounds like a good time to me!! Beer and Christmas decorating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 06:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Sounds like a great combo to me too!

Old 12-19-2015, 06:00 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sounds like a great combo to me too!
It was nice. And this is the first time I have had off in years around a holiday so I asked my husband if we could just see his mother Christmas Eve and my family Christmas day and not see the rest of his family Christmas Day, since that's another family event. I just want to have off on a holiday and actually RELAX. It'll be nice to spend a holiday (mostly) in our own place without running around to see everyone else. And I'm sure more beer will be had!

Old 12-19-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
It was nice. And this is the first time I have had off in years around a holiday so I asked my husband if we could just see his mother Christmas Eve and my family Christmas day and not see the rest of his family Christmas Day, since that's another family event. I just want to have off on a holiday and actually RELAX. It'll be nice to spend a holiday (mostly) in our own place without running around to see everyone else. And I'm sure more beer will be had!
Awwww, I hope you and your husband have a very blessed Christmas together!

Old 12-21-2015, 07:06 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,755,086 times
When our son was young, we cut our own tree on a mountain tree farm for years and decorated with homemade gingerbread man cookies, popcorn/cranberry strands and real candy canes. It was a good time. And the dog loved the popcorn string and low hanging cookies.

That was then, this is now: Pre-lit artificial tree now, wooden bead garland and a three and six year old doing the decorating... and re-arranging. The ornaments they've made are my favorites. There is an ornament made of plastic canvas and yarn made by a long gone aunt; it can be squeezed to open (the kids call it the monster) and reveals two pieces of candy that always seem to be there every time the grandkids are here. The same aunt made a green and red mail box ornament and there is always a different note in there too. Amazing! ;-)

The snow outside has been replaced with palm trees these days, but I find Christmas lights at night and decorations are beautiful anywhere you find them.

Last edited by jean_ji; 12-21-2015 at 07:49 AM..

Old 12-21-2015, 09:53 PM

Thought I'd share a few more pictures.

I took this picture the other night - what's on TV is the James Taylor Christmas channel on Pandora (my favorite!). I was chilling on the sofa with candles lit and music playing. I love Christmas!

The second picture is of our holiday table setting - we had a big holiday dinner because some key family members are going to be "missing" on Christmas and we wanted to share a big holiday meal together. I love the dishes - they are a family heirloom, as well as the silver.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:16 AM..

Old 12-22-2015, 11:40 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thought I'd share a few more pictures.

I took this picture the other night - what's on TV is the James Taylor Christmas channel on Pandora (my favorite!). I was chilling on the sofa with candles lit and music playing. I love Christmas!

The second picture is of our holiday table setting - we had a big holiday dinner because some key family members are going to be "missing" on Christmas and we wanted to share a big holiday meal together. I love the dishes - they are a family heirloom, as well as the silver.

ok, it all looks great , but I noticed you have a cookoo clock on the wall, OMG, love it !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2015, 12:10 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,503 times
Kathryn - did you see this one https://www.facebook.com/JamesTaylor...75818/?theater

Love your table

Old 12-22-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
ok, it all looks great , but I noticed you have a cookoo clock on the wall, OMG, love it !!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much~!

I sure do have a cuckoo clock and I love it! My grandkids do, too - they stand around and wait for it to "go off." We got it in Germany. We don't care if it's tacky - LOL.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
Kathryn - did you see this one https://www.facebook.com/JamesTaylor...75818/?theater

Love your table

Awwww, I love that video! Thank you! And I love that song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating