U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 12:13 AM

3,408 posts, read 4,732,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I doubt the closet can be extended, and I doubt the door to the kitchen can or should be blocked off
If they can get to the bedroom from the other door, as they can from OP's remark about taking out which door, then they can block the kitchen door and use the other door remaining. I wouldn't recommend a door from the kitchen to the bedroom. OP can you extend the closet and close the kitchen off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 08:52 AM

6 posts, read 9,648 times
well the kitchen is really not used but its door cant be blocked and closet is fixed wall type. I'm also leaning in towards what was suggested with bed nearest to closet on door opposite wall and drawer. Use book shelf type room divider to separate the bedding area. The small area beside window, raise floor a few inches and make a japanese style sitting area for reading relaxing etc. or seating area with chairs and a small round table.

rest of the space in between can be used as seen fit, most probably with a couch area..

what do you guys think?

Old 04-21-2015, 02:14 AM

11 posts, read 7,869 times
Whenever I encountered a design dilemma I always turn to the experts. In this case I would look at designers who have expertise in small spaces. Think small NYC apartments, and maybe even better, cruise ships.

I found a very cool website that shows room configurations for what appears to be all or most cruise lines. See here: http://www.cruiselinerooms.com/Site/index.php

And if you select a ship you see detailed layouts, such as this one:
http://www.cruiselinerooms.com/Site/decks.php?ship=Azamara%20Journey

Or maybe search for interior design blogs on the topic. I found this one: http://www.joannejakab.com/virtue-of-design-on-a-river-cruise-ship/

This might be too late to help you, however it might help the next person looking to design in a small space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating