Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,167 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,

Has anybody ever had any acrylic or aluminium prints printed to decorate their home? I just came across a website offering such services and was wondering what were other people's experience with these products. I am thinking of order 1-2 prints for my office. From their pictures it looks very nice, clean, modern

What would be your suggestions as to what kind of picture to print to fit in an office environment?

Thanks!!
Louis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 08:00 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis511 View Post
Hey everybody,

Has anybody ever had any acrylic or aluminium prints printed to decorate their home? I just came across a website offering such services and was wondering what were other people's experience with these products. I am thinking of order 1-2 prints for my office. From their pictures it looks very nice, clean, modern

What would be your suggestions as to what kind of picture to print to fit in an office environment?

Thanks!!
Louis
Louis, this is impossible to even begin to answer based upon info provided. Is your office in your home? Is it a true office in a commercial development or is it simply a room in your home that you use as an office? It sounds like it may be the latter.

You indicate the art is modern so is that the look you are going for? If, it is in your home and you are the primary viewers then buy what ever you like. If you are in a professional setting you may need to consider the officy esthetics before you commit to art work.

Lastly,, what are your concerns relative to the 1st question? Style? Quality?

Old 12-15-2014, 02:49 PM

12 posts, read 9,151 times
i don't know yet louis, maybe someone can answer this

Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,219,292 times
I have a read a lot about it, they use a dye sublimation, the prints are not always an exact color match there are subtle color shifts. Might look cool for architectural abstract photos, otherwise might be a bit trendy. Would like to know how it turns out if you do it.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,057,497 times
We've done it a bunch. Looks great for saturated images. We use A&I out of Burbank for printing.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 1,167 times
Hello everybody,

Thanks for your answers!! I hadn't thought of checking back here until now.

I finally ordered one aluminium print and I'm pretty happy with the result. The office is in my home, with a lot of clients coming through. The colors look great, even more than on their website. I am thinking of also ordering an acrylic print as well. I've had good feedback from multiple customers who noticed it

I took a Black and White picture for the aluminium print and it turned out great, unfortunately I do not have a picture right now to show you guys.

I ordered my prints from a place in Montreal called Impressions 2T since I am also in Montreal and everything went great, they very friendly and patient

Thanks a lot for your answers

Thomas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating