Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 02:20 PM

5 posts, read 7,185 times

Advertisements

We have had only the best experience working with Caesarstone. I agree with PNW-type-gal that something seems fishy about those reviews being only in one spot on the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 02:33 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,038 times
We put in Ceasarstone last year and LOVE it. It cleans up so easily and stands up great to my kids.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,680 times
Default Well now we know why Casarstone was smeared

Today an activist short trader, Ben Axler of Spruce Point Capital Management issued a report slamming Caesarstone and recommending a strong sell. He has numerous reasons which may or may not be true. Axler refers to the reviews on Yelp! and on Countertop Investigator as a reason to amplify his concerns about the company. Axler just made a ton of money shorting the stock and then driving the price down 11%. Those of you who were wondering who Countertop Investigator is shilling for, I think you have your answer.

I've had a Caesarstone counter for 10 years and love it. No scratching, no stains and easy to care for. I liked it so well that I bought stock in the company. I just lost a lot of ton of money today because of Ben Axler. I really do believe those poor reviews are planted. Time will tell if Ben Axler's report is true or if it was just a means for him to make a ton of money at the expense of small investors like me.

If you have Caesarstone counters, please write an honest review on Yelp - there are only extremely negative reviews on there now. I am in no way affiliated with the company except for as a customer and a tiny investor.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:26 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
I don't know specifically about the Caesarstone brand, but I have friends with quartz counter tops and they are fine.

One complains about a smeared look when she cleans them, but to be fair, the smears don't exist when she uses a decent cleaner. She seems to expect to be able to sponge them down with water, and that's ridiculous.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:14 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
I know nothing about that brand, either. We were going to go with Samsung's Radianz but we chose granite. The selection for quartz was limited. I don't like swirly busy granite colors, but I found a color I liked.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:14 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,556,355 times
I'm a Sculptor.
Has anyone ever looked up the hardness scale?
Quartz, in general, is very soft. That's why it has several other uses, but not for counter tops.
It's not the co., it's the material in general.
I have carved many materials, quartz is a joke for carving. Think of chess sets folks. (the cheap, soap type carvings) Quartz is harder than soap, but still carves similar, with some flaking.

And...if your knife blade on an unprotected counter top cuts it...yes?
It's the material. Not made for counter tops. Just new to the trade, (quartz) and they will sell you anything, because the other mines are low, running out, or some designer has you sold.
Do your homework. Not trying to sound nasty, just trying to educate the consumer. I work in stones all the time.

Man made material is great. It has glues, aluminum oxides, and other plastic products added to increase it's strength. I have a permantly-bent finger from carving corian and avonite, and the product does not chip. (a plus for sculptors) I love my results, FWIW. Very hard to scratch, but corian and avonite have fallen out of favor. I have no idea why, it's excellent carving/island/counter top material.

Marble and granite, as mentioned, is excellent counter top material. Quartz (and alabaster) are soft.
Look up hardness scale on google before hand.

Last edited by TerraDown; 08-19-2015 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: parsing

Old 08-19-2015, 03:27 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
Quartz is a 7 a diamond is 10 for reference. Granite is composed mainly of quartz and feldspar with minor amounts of mica, amphiboles and other minerals. That is from a geology website.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:28 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
I'm a Sculptor. Has anyone ever looked up the hardness scale?
Quartz, in general, is very soft. That's why it has several other uses, but not for counter tops.
It's not the co., it's the material in general.
I have carved many materials, quartz is a joke for carving. Think of chess sets folks. (the cheap, soap type carvings)
And...if your knife blade on an unprotected counter top cuts it...yes?
It's the material. Not made for counter tops. Just new to the trade, and they will sell you anything, because the other mines are low, running out, or some designer has you sold.
Do your homework. Not trying to sound nasty, just trying to educate the consumer. I work in stones all the time.
Marble and granite, as mentioned, is excellent counter top material. Quartz (and alabaster) are soft.
Look up hardness scale on google before hand.
"Quartz" countertops are a man-made material that contains quartz combined with resins and other ingredients. It's not at all like the type of quartz you are talking about. You may want to educate yourself before you start criticizing others.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:29 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahreet View Post
Today an activist short trader, Ben Axler of Spruce Point Capital Management issued a report slamming Caesarstone and recommending a strong sell. He has numerous reasons which may or may not be true. Axler refers to the reviews on Yelp! and on Countertop Investigator as a reason to amplify his concerns about the company. Axler just made a ton of money shorting the stock and then driving the price down 11%. Those of you who were wondering who Countertop Investigator is shilling for, I think you have your answer.

I've had a Caesarstone counter for 10 years and love it. No scratching, no stains and easy to care for. I liked it so well that I bought stock in the company. I just lost a lot of ton of money today because of Ben Axler. I really do believe those poor reviews are planted. Time will tell if Ben Axler's report is true or if it was just a means for him to make a ton of money at the expense of small investors like me.

If you have Caesarstone counters, please write an honest review on Yelp - there are only extremely negative reviews on there now. I am in no way affiliated with the company except for as a customer and a tiny investor.
Fascinating. That Countertop Investigator website seemed to bizarre in the first place, I would not be at all surprised if there is some collusion here.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:44 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
We have gone full nutso on this thread.
Are quartz countertops part the UN Agenda 21?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating