Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 04:52 AM

102 posts, read 101,790 times

Advertisements

I see what you mean about the U... the thing is i have a 10m hall and adding another 2m to it and having to walk all the way around it doesnt seem very practical.. I took your advice and have tried to utilise that wall and this is what I have come up with.

Inspired by...

Better? Worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 08:19 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,116,625 times
It's the same, just flipped to the other wall.

Can you post a photo of the space from the outside? It would really help the flow of the kitchen if you could move that door somewhere else. I know you said there is a drop off or whatever, but does it NEED to be there? Have you considered a slider vs a door? You could use more floor space in the kitchen that way.

I"m thinking more along this line--see how they extended the cabinets around the wall--except flip the layout for your kitchen--or move the door:

Old 02-21-2016, 07:11 AM

102 posts, read 101,790 times
Just an update.. had a huge problem with the kitchen shop as they took my money and disappeared and finally got it back a couple of months ago. Then, I had a seriously injury in an accident and had to put everything on hold.

Anyway, I am now looking for a carpinter to fit the kitchen ASAP. I know you all seemed to like the U, but after the reform It would really be too crowded and the island is the best option having marked it all out. So here is the current plan:

Not sure whether i should continue the quartz up the back or use a different backsplash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating