Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:16 AM

348 posts, read 294,588 times

Advertisements

The picture of the kitchen from a poster last page looked really good, it was a good size and not overly large. Plus a bar fridge could be put under the island along with the stove and sink for veg, washing the veg and lettuce in a handy way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 12:13 PM

524 posts, read 574,490 times
I prefer to have the sink and dishwasher on the island/peninsula versus the cooking surface. When I am in the kitchen I spend most of my time chopping or washing dishes. I don't spend as much time actually facing the stove. I also don't like a hot surface next to the sitting area.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:35 PM

102 posts, read 101,790 times
I guess it's down to preference really, as far as the stove/sink issue goes...

I have updated the plan, but i forgot to take an important element into consideration.. THE CEILING BEAM... It´s only 15cm wide and iron and i would have to run the extractor tube along it to take it outside and box it in and then bring the extractor down from it, so it is complicated... especially trying to make everything line up, which I have tried my best at doing. Any suggestions?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:45 PM

492 posts, read 638,067 times
Are you married to a peninsula? Or would a square island work?

I'm thinking make the window counter height, put a counter with a sink under the window looking into the yard and deck, and float a square or round or whatever shaped island in the open center. You can either put the stove on the island, or save the island purely for food prep/dining/setting munchies while entertaining and put the stove where the sink is now.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:19 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
I've used/taught Revit software for the last 8 years. When I'm rusty, like now, I look for projects to keep up with software updates. I'd be happy to build a virtual model for you - interested?. No promises about materials, but it will be to scale. If so, are all dimensions (cm) accurate?

I'm curious why it is measured in metric. Most building industries are imperial ... like the 2x4. Doesn't matter ... just curious.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:53 PM

I've been trying to build a 3d model to scale for ages and its a nightmare. It would be of a great help to be honest. I live in Europe so the metric system is what I am most familiar with. However, my parents always talk in imperial so it's a bit strange... This is the latest plan I put together and it is all to scale, pretty much dead on.

I decided to go for a bigger fridge, mainly because of the bigger freezer section and fridge section for cold drinks in the summer.. It´s a two door side by side 3 ft and 2 inches left for breathing space on the sides.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 PM

All right ... I'm in for a virtual model in Revit with no promises about materials. It'll go by stages. I don't want to add the cupboards until the other details are sorted out because it can be a monster with dimensions ... unless they are off the shelf standard size cupboards.

Let me get started ...

Old 03-27-2015, 10:51 PM

Take One
Attached Thumbnails
New kitchen plan. What do you think?-kitchen_reno3d1.jpg  

Old 03-27-2015, 11:51 PM

Fooling around with graphics but ... it looks like you have enough room to put counter top, cupboards, fridge, dishwasher, sink and stove top on one wall. That might be better for cooking than having to shift to another counter .
Attached Thumbnails
New kitchen plan. What do you think?-kitchen_reno3d.jpg   New kitchen plan. What do you think?-kitchenexport.jpg  

Last edited by Lieneke; 03-28-2015 at 01:02 AM..

Old 03-28-2015, 01:38 AM

That looks great! i think the measurements are wrong and thats why it is a bit cramped. I`ll send you the exact ones now.I like the hob on the peninsula really now that ive seen it like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating