Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:52 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Curtainworks sells pinch pleats, but they don't have a big selection: Pleated Curtains and Drapes

I don't think they are very popular right now, but I like the looks of them when they are hung on rods like the ones in the link. I put some in my bedroom not too long ago.

To me, wallpaper falls into the same category as polished brass fixtures. They can be the most popular decorating trend on the planet, and I still won't like either. Paint is just so much more versatile than wallpaper, and it's sooooo much easier to re-paint a room vs stripping wallpaper when you're ready for a change.
I like those...in the link you posted. Might not be what's "hot" at this moment, but it's a classic look that will always be stylish. And the older I get, and the more fads I endure, the more I'm drawn to classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 05:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
I think some form of pleated drapery will always been in style because it's classic; but, looks best in more formal rooms/settings. Cheap pinch-pleated drapes might look dated, but custom-made silk drapery with goblet pleats....yes please

I've also noticed wallpaper making a comeback, but not the wallpaper-everywhere look of years past. Maybe used as an accent. I've always thought bold wallpaper was perfect for a tiny powder room.
I agree about the pinch pleats hung on rings. But the old traverse drapery rods are old fashioned. At least in my opinion.

I think they will come back though. But not tomorrow, or the next day.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:40 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Might not be what's "hot" at this moment, but it's a classic look that will always be stylish. And the older I get, and the more fads I endure, the more I'm drawn to classic.
Exactly. Pinch-pleated draperies on traverse rods are classic, and can be used in formal or informal rooms alike.

If you open and close your curtains a lot, a traverse rod is the only way to go. I like the way pinch-pleated curtains look hung from ring clips, too. Anything that makes it easier to open and close the curtains, which I do several times a day in several rooms. Otherwise, you're forever fussing with fabric and I can live without that!

JC Penney is always my first stop for curtains and other window "stuff".

Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Wallpaper is definitely trendy again. But it's very strong patterns, bold graphics and colors. No cozy cottage florals.

Personally, I'm not a fan of wallpaper, at least not in my own house. Not that it doesn't look nice but I don't want to ever have to remove it again in my life when styles and my own tastes change. So paint it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating