Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:30 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,371 times

Advertisements

If you already have the Queen that would work nicely. Other than that I'd go with a small twin, and get one of those blow up matresses for the floor when you have guests. My parents have a very small room with a full in it. My daughter and I visit and sleep together in that bed (she's 9). It is totally uncomfortable. Both of us hate it. Of course we'd never say anything to my parents. I'd rather be on the floor on a blow up bed, or just sleeping bags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 05:44 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,773,334 times
Thanks for all the great ideas. Never thought of getting another single and push them together if we have a "couple" as guests.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:28 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
We have a room like that. We wound up buying an inflatable bed from Frontgate that has its own frame that springs out. The bed then inflates on top of it. Its very convenient.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,773,334 times
well, here's the update.....

since we are having "snoring issues" we've moved the Cal.King into that room, and bought me a queen for the MBR. [which is 15x20']

All other furniture was moved out of that small room. Gave away the make up table, put the dresser in the MBR and now there is room for the sewing machine in the MBR too.

Yes the bed is a bit big for that room.... but the reason we did it that way is... I wanted a new bed [was pretty tired of the Cal.King which DH loves] and i got to keep the big bedroom.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:21 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs1366 View Post
Our "guest room" only has a single bed in it, which we want to replace.

The bedroom is only 10x 11.5'

I dont want a bed that overwhelms the room, but something that may be comfortable for 2 people.

DH was thinking of moving our Cal King in there.... I dont think it will even fit.

I'm just thinking a Double/Full will be too small for 2 people but a Queen too big for the room.

any ideas?

TIA,

tcs
Get a Futon. It serves as a sitting area. When guests come, you have a place for people to sleep.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
I currently have a Full size bed and would like to upgrade to a Queen size but not sure if the Queen size will fit. The room is 8ft 9inches wide by 13ft 8inches long. Anyone know if this would work?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:17 PM

128 posts, read 1,070,599 times
Queen size will be appropriate for 2 people. I agree that it might look over size but there are so many options and designs that will be suitable for the room. try some contemporary design. IKEA has loads of them. Hope you have an outlet in your area.

Jeanne

Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 AM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
We are tall people, and both of our kid's guestrooms have a double bed. It's a little cozier than what we're used to, but is still perfectly fine.
My theory is, do the best you can, and if your guests don't like it, let them go to a hotel.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:16 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,050,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs1366 View Post
Our "guest room" only has a single bed in it, which we want to replace.

The bedroom is only 10x 11.5'

I dont want a bed that overwhelms the room, but something that may be comfortable for 2 people.

DH was thinking of moving our Cal King in there.... I dont think it will even fit.

I'm just thinking a Double/Full will be too small for 2 people but a Queen too big for the room.

any ideas?

TIA,

tcs

I second a Murphy bed.

To see a picture of one, open my profile and go to my website under contact information and see the 8th and 9th pictures of one I built last year for a customer.

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating