Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 04:26 PM

5,730 posts, read 17,545,870 times

Advertisements

Here is a close up pic of the brick. There is a nice red one on the second row, but mostly lighter red (OK. .. pink) with some grays, peaches, and tans thrown in as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior paint color options.  Need something more interesting.-dsc_0006.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 08:17 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,182,214 times
Why does it look so green? Your camera? Or is it full of green too?

Old 09-13-2015, 12:31 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,373,321 times
Keep in mind that if you want something to appear less pink, the last thing you want to do is put a contrasting color like green next to it as it will make the pink look pinker. It sounds odd, I know, but if you paint in colors closer to and complementary to the pink shades in the brick, the brick won't look so pink.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:32 AM

11,048 posts, read 23,894,206 times
Yup, there's lots of colors in there to choose from. Pick one that matches the brick or matches one of the colors in the brick that you like is probably more correct, and then paint the rest of the house that color but don't paint the brick. One of the tans or darker "brick" reds might be nice.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:38 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,094,544 times
Try power washing the brick and see if it is still pink when you are done.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Why does it look so green? Your camera? Or is it full of green too?
Green? I don't see any green. Maybe it's your monitor, or eyes

Old 09-13-2015, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgal View Post
Keep in mind that if you want something to appear less pink, the last thing you want to do is put a contrasting color like green next to it as it will make the pink look pinker. It sounds odd, I know, but if you paint in colors closer to and complementary to the pink shades in the brick, the brick won't look so pink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Yup, there's lots of colors in there to choose from. Pick one that matches the brick or matches one of the colors in the brick that you like is probably more correct, and then paint the rest of the house that color but don't paint the brick. One of the tans or darker "brick" reds might be nice.
I thought that a medium gray (mortar color or a bit darker) would work, but my wife refuses to paint it gray. We've been painting swatches of the siding to see if anything looks good against the brick, but have had no luck. We've tried a few beiges/tans, and a few creamy yellows. There is no way in hell that I'm painting it red or pink. If we paint it green, the brick comes along for the ride as well.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:57 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,182,214 times
Ok, yes I do see a strong green cast. Interesting because my computer is color calibrated for photoshop and adobe software. But anyway, I would agree with the red brick color choice, a brown red to match the bricks for sure like hotcatz said. But you don't like that so good luck painting your brick, makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Kayekaye; 09-13-2015 at 07:06 PM..

Old 09-13-2015, 10:08 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,800,877 times
Brick color come thru my monitor as having a strong green tint to it also. I was at a customers house this morning and took this pic of his house. The brick has red, brown, peach colors in it. The color combo is fairly popular around here but most everything is earth tone for our semi desert area. I have other areas I'll be in during the week if you want other color combos but like I said, it'll be mostly earth tones. The facia on this house is a blood red with a golden yellow called Beachcomber in a local brand paint. The trim on the columns in the front and the door are black.

Another color combo that works well along our coastal region is soft blue/grey with white trim and a red or black front door.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:37 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,213,418 times
I would put cladding on the brick, or paint it.

I don't like it personally. It makes it look clunky and ill constructed IYKWIM. (MOO!!!)

I had a brick wall on my own house I painted a denim blue, it was rough as could be but looked just great as you don't usually go right up to exterior brick walls and peer at them. I grew a hot pink boganvillea on it and it looked stunning.

I'd probably paint this house white or maybe a really pale green or a gorgeous sunny yellow.

Something that lends to its surroundings - for example if youre near the beach a pale blue would also be lovely. Theres a nice house locally that's a sea blue with white trim, also gorgeous.

Pale grey is nice too, classy, I love it with a white trim. Im talking a very pale grey, maybe your wife would go for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating