Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 04:27 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,913,792 times

Advertisements

Interesting family room. You have light but warm colored floors, brown cabs, and red fireplace. Cool that warmth down with a blue or bluish gray. Or perhaps a grayed green, or a greenish gray. Find several color chips and have a look at what seems to go with everything. I did find this: Blue Springs 1592 Paint - Benjamin Moore Blue Springs Paint Color Details Note the chip that reflects your brick fireplace. I am not saying this is the right color, but simply thinking to point you toward this sort of color. The lighter gray blue might not be right for your flooring.

But definitely, stay away from warmer colors, unless you are changing your floor or cabs.

For your ceiling, I wonder if it just appears to be gray? This is one time I might want a brighter white up there. You can choose a lighter, warmer white if you want. I used B. Moore's Butter Pecan with my cooler toned walls. It looks awfully pink on my monitor, but it doesn't in my home. It looks white, without the glare of a bright white.

I like the floor in your bedroom. Again, I like cooler tones with warm floors. Do you like greens better than blues, or grays better than the others? Choose a neutrally tone of your fave color, and use an accent wall in a brighter tone that contrasts or blends. But, in the bedroom, you generally want a restful look, right? So avoid a bright yellow or red if that is the case.

For your bedroom, why not this for your accent wall? Fair Isle Blue CSP-715 Paint - Benjamin Moore Fair Isle Blue Paint Color Details isle blue I think it would be stunning with your floor and darker furniture. You could choose one of the lighter colors on these chips for the walls, such as gallery buff. I want to mention that a bedroom, if used primarily for sleeping, can be darker. A deeper cooler color means rest, at least to me.

I think your rooms are interesting and have great potential. Have fun decorating them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 05:51 PM

49,968 posts, read 63,265,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisibisi View Post
Correct, that was how the house was decorated before we moved in.

This is our couch:
Oh, thank God. You have nowhere to go but up.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:12 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,562,856 times
Quote:
I am having a hard time picking out paint colors for our new house. The living room is a bright yellow! I tried a sample of Sherwin Williams Neutral Ground and it was too gray. I was thinking something very light tan but I can't find the perfect color.

Our bedroom is too dark. I wanted one accent wall and the rest of the walls to be lighter. I've attached pictures from the real estate listing for reference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
We just painted our living room and bedroom in a few weeks ago, yes love it! Silver Plum By Benjamin Moore... Kind of a dusty stormy hazes..Plays off other colors and sun light, so it's kinda hard to tell what color your really seeing..Great illusion!
Attached Thumbnails
Living Room and Bedroom paint colors-dscf7186.jpg   Living Room and Bedroom paint colors-dscf7191.jpg   Living Room and Bedroom paint colors-dscf7225.jpg   Living Room and Bedroom paint colors-dscf7223.jpg  

Old 10-16-2015, 09:05 AM

6 posts, read 7,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh, thank God. You have nowhere to go but up.
I know, right!

Old 10-16-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
We just painted our living room and bedroom in a few weeks ago, yes love it! Silver Plum By Benjamin Moore... Kind of a dusty stormy hazes..Plays off other colors and sun light, so it's kinda hard to tell what color your really seeing..Great illusion!
Those are pretty colors, I love it!!!

Old 10-16-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
For your bedroom, why not this for your accent wall? Fair Isle Blue CSP-715 Paint - Benjamin Moore Fair Isle Blue Paint Color Details isle blue I think it would be stunning with your floor and darker furniture.
I loooovve that blue color! I will definitely get a sample of that to try!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I appreciate it so much!!! I'll come back once we've painted with updated pictures!

Old 10-16-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Those are pretty colors, I love it!!!
Thank you, we are really happy with the color, took us months to find what we wanted..Had alot neutral paint colors and just felt blah and heavy, loved em but was ready for something lighter and airy feel...

The first pic was the original color of the bedroom behind the bed, so you can kinda see how the color was before we finished it all up! .. The other two are of the new color in living room, we did carry this color right into the bedroom as well, very please! ...
Attached Thumbnails
Living Room and Bedroom paint colors-dscf7203.jpg   Living Room and Bedroom paint colors-dscf7243.jpg   Living Room and Bedroom paint colors-dscf7240.jpg  

Old 10-16-2015, 01:44 PM

3,613 posts, read 4,088,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Don't go tan. There enough brown in that room as it is. Try a light blue.

As for the bedroom, cream with an accent behind the bed. Choose something from your bedding colors.
I agree, a tan will not do anything for that room. You could go with a nicer, soft yellow but I was going to suggest a sage green. Not sure exactly what green your couch is, but maybe a shade or two darker than that on the walls. Bring in one of the arm covers or a cushion to the paint store and have them help you pick out a color.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,913,792 times
Wild Card, what a pretty color for your home.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Wild Card, what a pretty color for your home.
Thank you~ Very happy with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating