Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 11:39 AM

7 posts, read 7,256 times

Advertisements

Sorry that I forgot to attach a new photo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take1Home View Post
I'm confused by the picture you posted. It looks like you took the picture from the front door coming into a foyer. The photo looks like the dining room is on the left of the foyer with a large opening (the column in the middle). Then it looks like the foyer leads straight back to a living room or family room on the back center and right side. Maybe the back left side is the kitchen and breakfast area? So the dining room and the living room don't look like they connect by sharing this opening that was suppose to have an arch. If this is a main support wall and you have that long opening with no support column, you could have problems. If you have a home inspection, they would be able to give you a better idea of whether this column should come out and be replaced with a decorative arch. You should post the picture of the floor plan if you have it. If the plan was attached to the contract as an exhibit, that will be helpful to you. Sometimes the builder will attach a floor plan that was made for marketing purposes, but the selections in the marketing piece are not all standard. If you have a blue print attached and all of the specifications attached, that is a different matter. I was wondering if you meant the arch was to be at the smaller opening or maybe on the left and right sides of the column like double arches. That could look nice. Hope it works out for you. I work with a lot of buyers for new homes and it can be complicated for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Cost to create an arch between living and dinning room?-house_living-dinning.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 08:16 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
You don't have a lawyer. Okay. But you do have a Realtor representing you, correct? Call them tomorrow morning and have them call the builder and demand they put in the arch.

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING unless you are happy to take the house without the arch.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:16 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzhang2 View Post
Thank TrapperL for your advice. So the seller wanted me to sign the Amendment to accept it.
Well, OF COURSE he wanted you to sign it. The bigger question is, DID YOU???? I hope not!!!!!!!!

The BUILDER should build what the contract SAID he was supposed to build. How did he "forget" that he was supposed to build an arch??!! Get a lawyer if he's not honoring this!!!

Old 02-23-2016, 09:22 PM

Thanks for your advice! My situation becomes more terrible now. At first, I thought there should be only one arch between living and dinning rooms. But I got to know there should be four arches: entrance to living room, entrance to dinning room, between living and dinning rooms and between dinning and kitchen! I inquired the minimum cost to be ~ 3500 $. Our agent told the seller to put in the arches or increase the credit to be 3500 $ (2000 $ more). But they refused both. The builder even said I can select not to buy the house and they will sell it to other person. The builder is ball homes and they made me very angry and disappointed!!!
I wanted to hire one attorney to fight with Ball homes. But I am afraid that the layer fee would be higher than the difference of around 2000 $. It will also take me a lot of energy and time. Could everybody tell me if there is other solution for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You don't have a lawyer. Okay. But you do have a Realtor representing you, correct? Call them tomorrow morning and have them call the builder and demand they put in the arch.

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING unless you are happy to take the house without the arch.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:25 PM

Thank karen for your advice! My situation becomes more terrible now as described above. I wanted to hire one attorney to fight with Ball homes. But I am afraid that the layer fee would be higher than the difference of around 2000 $. It will also take me a lot of energy and time. Could everybody tell me if there is other solution for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Well, OF COURSE he wanted you to sign it. The bigger question is, DID YOU???? I hope not!!!!!!!!

The BUILDER should build what the contract SAID he was supposed to build. How did he "forget" that he was supposed to build an arch??!! Get a lawyer if he's not honoring this!!!

Old 02-23-2016, 10:02 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Yes. Get your deposit back and walk. Find another house. I cannot find many reviews of this small company, but what I do find is bad. Get out now and count yourself lucky. Lexington KY | Ball Homes LLC | BirdEye

you probably need a better realtor, too.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:42 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Yes. Get your deposit back and walk. Find another house. I cannot find many reviews of this small company, but what I do find is bad. Get out now and count yourself lucky. Lexington KY | Ball Homes LLC | BirdEye
I agree.

It happens, OP. I'm sorry that it sounds like you have gotten into a deal with a disreputable contractor.

Better to back out now than to invest hundreds of thousands into a house that probably will have MORE problems down the road.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:06 AM

7,245 posts, read 7,072,982 times
Oh god. I used to live in Frankfort. Ball homes has a terrible reputation. Get out of this contract. Get a lawyer now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating