Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 03:25 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times

Advertisements

Perhaps:
https://goo.gl/84PdEy
Shop Nailhead Trim Dining Chair Products on Houzz
Dining Chairs with Nailhead Trim | Houzz
https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...22/subcat.html
Nailhead Dining Chairs - Polyvore
https://www.allmodern.com/Dining-Cha...Nailheads.html
or you can try this:
My Cottage Charm: How to Diamond Tuft and Upholster a Chair

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 10:02 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,571,613 times
How funny, we've been doing the same search.
My husband insists on sitting in them first, though.
We bought one Parson's chair from Ikea and I wouldn't buy another one. It's cute for what we have it for though.
The ones we really want are Pottery Barn -- Ashton is the style. But $399 per chair! Good quality and super comfy.
We saw some really lovely ones at Crate and Barrel too, but again, the ones we like are quite expensive for us.
Pier 1 and World Market have some lovely chairs at very low prices, but I don't know about the quality.

Our old chairs are from Bassett. They are about 15 years old, and are still in excellent shape. Great quality. Just the color is wrong for the new table.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:06 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,571,613 times
Other websites I looked at:
Ashley Furniture
Williams Sonoma Home
CB2
Joss and Main (I've bought a few things from them.)
Havertys
RoomsToGo (Texas only maybe)
Ballard Designs (LOVE their stuff.)

Old 09-26-2016, 10:11 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
How many chairs ? Six? Eight? Most of above will be rather very expensive...

Old 09-27-2016, 08:18 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
How funny, we've been doing the same search.
My husband insists on sitting in them first, though.
We bought one Parson's chair from Ikea and I wouldn't buy another one. It's cute for what we have it for though.
The ones we really want are Pottery Barn -- Ashton is the style. But $399 per chair! Good quality and super comfy.
We saw some really lovely ones at Crate and Barrel too, but again, the ones we like are quite expensive for us.
Pier 1 and World Market have some lovely chairs at very low prices, but I don't know about the quality.

Our old chairs are from Bassett. They are about 15 years old, and are still in excellent shape. Great quality. Just the color is wrong for the new table.
The Pottery Barn ones are my dream chair! But the price is steep. We need 6-8 of them depending on exact dimensions so my husband is not on board with that.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:54 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
We got chairs for our round table in the kitchen at World Market...the upholstered Grayson chairs with nail head trim. Ours are a nice weathered gray wood with natural linen upholstery.

Although they are about $150. on the website, I watched for a sale and got them for $75.@.

We don't know if you like contemporary or eclectic, or what, but I chose these chairs with an antique oak pedestal table to give it a more up to date look.

Full disclosure, they aren't super comfortable after awhile, but that's probably just the fault of our old joints.

I am also a Havertys fan for furniture that is good and reasonably priced. Not so expensive you can never get rid of it.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:52 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,881 times
I love Haverty's...we have two couches from there. And a chair and some other items. I just didn't find the exact chairs I was looking for there...but may go look again. I have a blend of antiques and newer pieces (such as a sectional) with updated prints/color schemes. I guess it's somewhat eclectic and a combination of old pieces that have been in our family for generations and updated pieces I fall in love with. Most of our art tends to be oil paintings in beautiful frames with gold or silver finishes and details with bright bold colors.

Not sure that really paints a clear picture, i guess you could say my style is eclectic that blends a lot of different styles together.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:09 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,547,056 times
Our dining room chairs (wood frames, leather seats, no nailhead trim) are from Century and are ridiculously comfortable.

We also purchased them from a clearance center (Macys) 10+ years ago and didn't pay more than $50 per chair.

I'm just not in an income bracket (and no matter how much I make, even including lottery winnings - will ever be) where I could justify $200+ PER CHAIR.

I have been shopping much more consignment furniture stores lately and have seen a lot of quality pieces (Ethan Allen, Century, Pottery Barn (not my type of quality, but seems well made)) come through. Of course, the trouble with shopping those types of stores is that if you want something specific - you may have to wait 2 or 3 years before you find something that fits what you want.

If consignment isn't your thing, I would just go to the better furniture stores in your area - especially those that offer a large amount of customization. There you should be able to try/sit on a number of chairs (to find a brand/style you find comfortable) and then order it in the finish/upholstery you desire.

Of course - that's not likely to be cheap.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:36 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
We have a local consigned furniture store that I love. They get a lot of stuff in from high end model homes - TONS of new construction here! I got my dining room chairs there, even though I had to buy a table separately because they didn't have the leaf from the set they had. They told me that happens a lot with the model homes because they always stage the rooms without the table leaves to make the room look larger and then it gets lost somewhere along the line. Since most people want sets, you can often get a great deal on just the chairs because of this.

Maybe there is a comparable store in your area? I got to know the people at mine and when I was looking for a couple of specific things, they kept an eye out for me and called when something came in.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:29 AM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
We only shop at one store.
Modern Furniture - Room & Board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating