Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 AM

784 posts, read 3,119,675 times

Advertisements

I'd be grateful for suggestions on colors for my small bathroom. I am thinking light is better than dark to open the space up. Right now the walls are lime green. The floor is beige tile, installed after the walls were painted. Beige and green don't match very well, although they are not horrible. The main thing is the green makes my face look a weird color in the mirror when I am putting on makeup, and it also doesn't look very nice in natural light. My towels are all pink. I could replace them, but I really like them. See pic.

So a color to go with pink towels and a beige tiled floor is what I am looking for. This is the master bathroom and the walls in the master bedroom, which to be yellow, are a neutral off-white color.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Colors for a small bathroom with beige tile-master-bathroom.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 11:05 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
why not just go with a white. the space is small and it wouldn't throw off an odd color on your face.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleF View Post
I'd be grateful for suggestions on colors for my small bathroom. I am thinking light is better than dark to open the space up. Right now the walls are lime green. The floor is beige tile, installed after the walls were painted. Beige and green don't match very well, although they are not horrible. The main thing is the green makes my face look a weird color in the mirror when I am putting on makeup, and it also doesn't look very nice in natural light. My towels are all pink. I could replace them, but I really like them. See pic.

So a color to go with pink towels and a beige tiled floor is what I am looking for. This is the master bathroom and the walls in the master bedroom, which to be yellow, are a neutral off-white color.

Thanks in advance.

Just my thoughts on it, we have beige tiles in our bathrooms too, and I''ve been thinking of painting the walls in a very light aqua color-or a color that's just to the bluish side of aqua. I really like the combination of aqua/blue with beige. I don't think your pink towels would scream against those colors either.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:20 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,092,947 times
If the towel in the picture is the color of the towels you are speaking of you could go with blush color. Think like a very light rose' wine.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:15 PM

784 posts, read 3,119,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
If the towel in the picture is the color of the towels you are speaking of you could go with blush color. Think like a very light rose' wine.
I actually have various shades of pink towels, so maybe white would be best.

I did find this link to be quite interesting; they suggest both pink and aqua (suggested by another poster above): The Best Colors to Paint a Small Bathroom With Little Light | Home Guides | SF Gate. But I want a warm color rather than a cool one, because I always feel cold – even in the summer!. So I will have to choose my white carefully.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:56 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,287,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleF View Post
I actually have various shades of pink towels, so maybe white would be best.

I did find this link to be quite interesting; they suggest both pink and aqua (suggested by another poster above): The Best Colors to Paint a Small Bathroom With Little Light | Home Guides | SF Gate. But I want a warm color rather than a cool one, because I always feel cold – even in the summer!. So I will have to choose my white carefully.
I would go with white walls. Maybe add some ruby red towels to back up your pink towels and warm up the space.Find a multi-color accent picture or wall hanging with pink, ruby, some emerald green in it. That should brighten and warm your space and give you the light and flexibility of the white walls.

I also think light blush pink walls would be pretty with your pink towels backed by blue ones in the same tonal range. Then your multi-color pic(s) or wall hanging would just need to have pink, blue and some other brighter color (yellow, green) to give your bath a bright focal point and a little lift. The blush pink color usually makes your skin look good!

Last edited by mollyblythe; 03-29-2017 at 05:29 PM..

Old 03-29-2017, 05:06 PM

18,461 posts, read 31,613,667 times
its not that green doesnt go with beige, your green is the wrong green.
Im thinking more of a moss green.
But like others said the rose / blush color would look nice also.
The floor is very pretty.
Beige shouldnt be a problem to match, most everything goes with it.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:49 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,404,404 times
You are dealing with two different beige undertones. Your tub and enclosure has gold undertones, but your floor has pink undertones.

The biggest misnomer is that beige goes with everything. What goes best with any given beige depends on the undertones and yours are fighting each other.

Also your beiges are sort of muted dusty tones. Don't put any clear bright color on the walls because it will make the tub and floors look dirty, which the clear bright green is already doing. White paint will also make them look dirty.

I would do a muted turquoise or muted green that leans more towards blue-green.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:02 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,613,201 times
To deal with the beiges, look up capize shells. Even if you don't use a touch of the beach, just the coloring can help as inspiration...from a glowing white, but not stark, through a color range to pinks. Even a small touch of brown in some.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:56 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
The coloring is the same as my two bathrooms. One is painted silvery blue and the other silvery green. Beige is good for going for a spa like feel that's warmer than white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating