Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 AM

563 posts, read 1,025,816 times

Advertisements

I have owned many houses and always paint all of the rooms when I move in. I have been using Feng Shui as my major decorating concept for 20 yrs. now. It has helped me a lot, since I love all colors and by using Feng Shui I am limited to what colors to use in which section of the house. Works for me!! For the most part you have a few color choices per section and the sections blend into one another if they are next to one another which makes it not as confining as it may sound. (There are a lot of books on subject.) Anyway, I mention it here because color can be stressful for some people, but I love it when people express themselves through color. Also, I do not follow trends - I follow what makes me smile when I walk into a room! Trend-follower or heart-follower, it is your space to love and live with. Good luck and have fun! I just painted another house full of wonderful colors. Love it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM

5 posts, read 356,260 times
Heather,

Even as someone who's been a color consultant for over 7 years, I find it difficult to answer questions like these without seeing what is going on in your space. On the other hand, a quick look at the rooms in question can usually provide all the answers. So I'd urge anyone in this dilemma to consider calling a professional. Someone like PaintColorHelp.com, who is affordable.

That said, my initial thoughts are that Hopsack into Bagel might (emphasize might) be an OK transition, if you tie it together with the appropriate towels, bedding and art. In other words, you need objects that combine those two colors (plus additional colors if desired).

I would hesitate on putting a chocolate in the toilet room as it will be very dark in a small space with no windows.

You said you liked "chocolate" for the bedroom, but I consider Hopsack a golden brown. Down Home (SW 6081) is more of a true chocolate. If you feel that's too dark, think about just painting one feature wall...perhaps behind the bed.

Finally, the colors on the Tatami Tan strip (#17 on the fan deck) lean orange-y. You might see how something like Croissant or Irish Cream look in the bath. They are slightly peachy, but more neutral.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating