Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:41 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,765,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I really like this one. I like your other ones, too but this is my favorite of the ones you posted.

Cat
Thank you! It was called the Adam and Eve cabinet and it was done for an art exhibit. I didn't paint nekkid folk on the cabinet just for no reason. I think the exhibit was called, "First" if I remember correctly. Adam and Eve popped into my noggin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 07:24 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,574,759 times
My hubby was out and about and pick this up for me a few years back for my dressing room, I love it!
Attached Thumbnails
I Love Furniture-dscf7796.jpg  

Old 05-24-2017, 09:59 PM

5,532 posts, read 6,448,448 times
More, more, I want more photos of all of y'all's beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing, I am enjoying them all!

Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,324,292 times
I like furniture but I have very little space for anything.

I like your furniture Cat but I probably wouldn't have it for myself. Not really my style, but I do enjoy it in the right place. Maybe if it fit with my style that I already have going but it does not!

Old 06-03-2017, 10:26 AM

5,839 posts, read 5,243,222 times
No one else has furniture they want to share?

Cat

Old 06-03-2017, 10:03 PM

22,658 posts, read 6,404,314 times
I love old furniture, the original finish restored or stained so the wood grain shows through.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:10 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,609,738 times
I also love furniture and interior design . . . I used to be into antiques, but not so much anymore . . . but I do like seeing people's furniture, and like you, I am pausing my TV to really scope out the furniture and interior design on the shows I watch.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:18 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,916,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I guess no one else loves furniture.

Cat
Sorry i was side tracked last night and missed this post. I LOVE LOVE LOVE furniture and have some nice pieces and I am also way out of room for any of it and it makes me crazy. I just brought home the little shelf thing in my kitchen I posted but made room for it. Now have a hall tree and no where to put it and an oak dresser unloaded from the car sitting in the garage. My nephew was going to come get a side board I would like to stay in the family as my Mom gave it to me. And a tall face desk. I think maybe Oak man or whatever it is called. It needs some TLC. And also another lovely oak dresser with pretty mirror. He lives far away and I do not feel I can drive it there to him and he can not get here to get them. Sigh..............

Your pieces are Gorgeous. Mine are not as gorgeous by a long shot.

The crazy thing is I would like to see my good pieces go away to family and me keep the crap and I have a lot of that too. I have three china cabinets. Two old ones of pine or?? Painted and meant to be painted not nice wood and my favorite of all of them I built using Bi-fold doors to make it fit my dinning room. Hoosier and the table that matches it with the enamel top. Also from my Mom but I am not getting rid of it it is my studio table. I have a nice secretary, too long of a story on that one. LOL I will do photos later. I was just sitting down after clearing my living room as best I can to be able to shampoo the carpet. It is seriously vacuumed and ready for me to rock and roll on it. Fortunately it is only 8 by 10 but then I have another rug on my front porch that needs to be done. I would love to re-arrange the living room once the carpet is cleaned but too much crap in here to make it much different some thing needs to go. Maybe the TV I never watch it.

Says she standing up my name is chris and I have a serious addiction to furniture.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:19 PM

5,839 posts, read 5,243,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Sorry i was side tracked last night and missed this post. I LOVE LOVE LOVE furniture and have some nice pieces and I am also way out of room for any of it and it makes me crazy. I just brought home the little shelf thing in my kitchen I posted but made room for it. Now have a hall tree and no where to put it and an oak dresser unloaded from the car sitting in the garage. My nephew was going to come get a side board I would like to stay in the family as my Mom gave it to me. And a tall face desk. I think maybe Oak man or whatever it is called. It needs some TLC. And also another lovely oak dresser with pretty mirror. He lives far away and I do not feel I can drive it there to him and he can not get here to get them. Sigh..............

Your pieces are Gorgeous. Mine are not as gorgeous by a long shot.

The crazy thing is I would like to see my good pieces go away to family and me keep the crap and I have a lot of that too. I have three china cabinets. Two old ones of pine or?? Painted and meant to be painted not nice wood and my favorite of all of them I built using Bi-fold doors to make it fit my dinning room. Hoosier and the table that matches it with the enamel top. Also from my Mom but I am not getting rid of it it is my studio table. I have a nice secretary, too long of a story on that one. LOL I will do photos later. I was just sitting down after clearing my living room as best I can to be able to shampoo the carpet. It is seriously vacuumed and ready for me to rock and roll on it. Fortunately it is only 8 by 10 but then I have another rug on my front porch that needs to be done. I would love to re-arrange the living room once the carpet is cleaned but too much crap in here to make it much different some thing needs to go. Maybe the TV I never watch it.

Says she standing up my name is chris and I have a serious addiction to furniture.

I saw some of furniture on another thread. From what I can see, you have some nice pieces.

Cat

Old 06-05-2017, 12:55 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,916,434 times
ARGH I squeezed the hall tree into another spot and moved a table and I am just churning too much stuff in too little space and keep bring in more. I think what I really need to do is store a few pieces in the garage and rotate them back into the house as I feel the need for change. I will mentally work on that and try to think things through before I wear myself out moving things then ending up putting them all back where they were. :'(

No photos yet I am working on it. I spent too much time moving the hall tree around this morning. Now back to my regularly scheduled programming. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating