Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 07:20 AM

2,323 posts, read 2,176,505 times

Advertisements

How long is reasonable to get the estimate after inspection/measurement? Is two-week wait time reasonable?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 AM

1,462 posts, read 973,293 times
Two weeks is on the fringe of being unreasonable. I would say 5-10 days would be reasonable. I would remind them if it's been 2 weeks and you haven't received it. Keep in mind if they are that busy, maybe they shouldn't have given you an estimate.

I have had contractors tell me that they can't come out for 2 weeks for an estimate due to workload. I would rather know this upfront than have them come out and then not hear back on the estimate.

As with most major jobs, I hope you have received multiple estimates to the work.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:21 AM

17,474 posts, read 66,045,317 times
Did you ask; "when should I hear from you again?

If you didn't, I would imagine you won't hear from them again. You'll have to call them. Do you think they're that interested in the job if they can't do a return call in at least 5days? Do you think they're servicing the customer in the best possible way when you have to chase down a quote?

Old 06-09-2017, 11:24 AM

2,323 posts, read 2,176,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Did you ask; "when should I hear from you again?

If you didn't, I would imagine you won't hear from them again. You'll have to call them. Do you think they're that interested in the job if they can't do a return call in at least 5days? Do you think they're servicing the customer in the best possible way when you have to chase down a quote?
I forgot to ask on the inspection day, but I sent an email to ask on the following day, and was told that it would get done in 2 weeks. The email indeed mentioned due to current workload .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating