Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 08:02 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,643,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
I actually did see those in Home Depot but none of the patterns really seemed like they would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 02:54 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,401,691 times
Christine, can you get more samples of that tile that blended with the Manchester Tan paint?

I'd like to see a few of them leaning against the back splash area, but with the photo taken farther away to get the whole view. Those might look really wonderful.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Christine, can you get more samples of that tile that blended with the Manchester Tan paint?

I'd like to see a few of them leaning against the back splash area, but with the photo taken farther away to get the whole view. Those might look really wonderful.
I'm sure I could...if I can just get back there!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:00 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,639,880 times
Only two more cabinet doors until they are all done - mine looks identical to the OP. We have Navajo White calls (very light cream with yellow cast) and I'm going with Santa Cecilia granite.

I've worried about what sort of backsplash to put up. The granite is showy and I think a basic subway tile backsplash is best. Grout will have a minimal contrast.

Send photos! All help appreciated.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Only two more cabinet doors until they are all done - mine looks identical to the OP. We have Navajo White calls (very light cream with yellow cast) and I'm going with Santa Cecilia granite.

I've worried about what sort of backsplash to put up. The granite is showy and I think a basic subway tile backsplash is best. Grout will have a minimal contrast.

Send photos! All help appreciated.
Sounds nice. The Santa Cecilia Light was on my list of choices. I think it may have ended up having too much cream in it against my stark white base. It's probably perfect for creamy white cabinets.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:27 PM

ChristineVA,

Here is an excellent article on how to choose tile for the back splash. This owner had wood cabinets, granite counters, and her walls were Manchester Tan.

This gives the step-by-step method.

Ask Maria: Which Cream Subway Tile is Right? - Maria Killam - The True Colour Expert

Old 08-19-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
ChristineVA,

Here is an excellent article on how to choose tile for the back splash. This owner had wood cabinets, granite counters, and her walls were Manchester Tan.

This gives the step-by-step method.

Ask Maria: Which Cream Subway Tile is Right? - Maria Killam - The True Colour Expert
Very helpful!

I still haven't picked the tile. After three installation estimates ranging from $650 to $1600, I'm going to go with the middle guy.

I am leaning toward the tile that is the closest to the Manchester Tan walls. I don't have any "thrill" about it but so far it's the only one I feel safe with. Went out looking a tile again last week and saw lots of things I liked but with so much wall space (over 40 sq feet to tile), I think many of the choices will end up being overwhelming in the room. I think if I had a small space, I could get away with many of them.

The Villa Heirloom Crackle tile I installed came with two warnings from the installer:

1. The color variations per box may be substantial so he wanted me to open every box before purchase.
2. The tiles are made with curvatures on purpose. I will not get an even finish on the walls. One customer he had really freaked out so I need to be prepared. He will do the best he can but it's meant to be imperfect looking.

Now as to #2, I sort of like the "bumpy" look but I did find a picture of it online, done poorly, in a shower, and it was bad. The person did have to have it redone so it was mostly the installers fault and some fault of the tile itself.

Anyway, I think I'm going to try to hit one more tile store this weekend if time permits. I want this project done but I've had plumbing issues (small flood) and dryer issues all in the last week slowing me down. Today, I'm going back to the granite shop as my parents loved my granite so much they are ready to do theirs.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:49 PM

I like the tile that is close to the Manchester Tan, but like the article says, it will lock you into keeping your walls Manchester Tan probably.

Something to think about.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I like the tile that is close to the Manchester Tan, but like the article says, it will lock you into keeping your walls Manchester Tan probably.

Something to think about.
I've been scouring the internet today looking at backsplash tied with my granite. I keep coming back to plain subway tile and moving away from what I picked. I think I'm going to end up going that way. Of course, I'm going to try to find a nicer white subway tile other than the stark, shiny white one...not too many tile stores near me so I'm limited..

Old 08-19-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

I've been scouring the internet today looking at backsplash tied with my granite. I keep coming back to plain subway tile and moving away from what I picked. I think I'm going to end up going that way. Of course, I'm going to try to find a nicer white subway tile other than the stark, shiny white one...not too many tile stores near me so I'm limited..
Plain tile is always the answer when it comes to granite.

Which Backsplash Tile goes with Granite? - Maria Killam - The True Colour Expert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating