Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 07:40 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times

Advertisements

Well maybe not that new but finally mainstream. Definitely not the old gold brass of days gone by. Soft and brushed in an almost muted tone. Do you love it? Hate it? I'm wondering how long it will stick around. The oils rubbed bronze has hung on much longer than I anticipated . I think a lot of people hate it who equate it with the brass and gold they lived through the 80's with. I like it. I don't think I would go as far as fixtures like faucets etc with it but definitely have added some easily replaced accessories through out my home. I'm co templating pendantd over my island and handles for my cabinets in my new home but I'm still on the fence on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 08:03 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,249,979 times
I like it. Not sure about bath fixtures, but I like it for lights and cabinet hardware.

Los Altos Kitchen
22nd Street Project
https://www.instagram.com/p/BToxTPll...ndosoria&hl=en

Old 07-06-2017, 08:08 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
I'm a brushed nickel girl myself, but I don't mind the brushed gold. Shiny, bleargh but the brushed looks nice.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:13 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
I don't hate it but I don't much like it. It's been around for at least a couple of years now, hasn't it? And yet it's still not caught on like nickel/stainless and ORB did. When those came on the scene, they caught on much quicker. People were ready for a change and many went out and bought replacement fixtures.

In contrast, I don't see any rush to this. It feels more like designers keep trying to push it.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:16 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,249,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I don't hate it but I don't much like it. It's been around for at least a couple of years now, hasn't it? And yet it's still not caught on like nickel/stainless and ORB did. When those came on the scene, they caught on much quicker. People were ready for a change and many went out and bought replacement fixtures.

In contrast, I don't see any rush to this. It feels more like designers keep trying to push it.
I don't know that it's that they're trying to make it happen, as much as they are ahead of the curve. For example, most people I know prefer darker cabinets, but designers are moving to white cabinets. Slowly, people are preferring white, but not as fast as designers.

Nickel is very neutral. Gold doesn't go well with everything, but it is a personal preference. I like seeing gold vs safe nickel.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:52 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,418,195 times
I have a lot of gold in my house because of sentimental items passed down from my mom and in-laws, who lived and traveled extensively in Asia. I like gold, and the rooms where I have these items displayed seem warmer to me. That said, I'm not much into trends and will probably never change out the nickel hardware that came with the house. Too lazy to care.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:03 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
I prefer the oil rubbed bronze or antique brass and where I had a say in the matter, that is what I got. I do have chrome & brushed nickle in my house, too.

Cat

Old 07-10-2017, 07:23 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I like the burnished gold look. It is rather elegant, and not at all like the old dreaded shiny brass. I have an old framed watercolor in my living room. The frame is lovely burnished gold. I just saw a small side table in Home Goods that I might buy, to add another touch of gold to the room.

Last edited by gentlearts; 12-24-2020 at 07:08 AM..

Old 07-10-2017, 09:24 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Ugh, NO! Trying to remove all of the shiny golden brass that's already in our house...

Old 07-10-2017, 11:02 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
We have mixed metals in our house. Some of it is the new gold style. I like it, in moderation. I don't particularly like it on plumbing fixtures for whatever reason. We have some light fixtures and interior doorknobs. Too much of any one metal bugs me now. We had a house with the shiny brass I could not wait to replace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating